Pub near Sheffield with a decent view

jennie2102

Ok, it bank holiday afternoon and I want to take the other half to a nice pub with a decent view for a few pints. I've been searching the internet and its suggesting Ladybower Inn and the Rivelin Valley (although some of the pubs there sound horrendous!). He's a realy Ale drinker so somewhere that sells decent ale, has a cosy interior and a lovely view.... any ideas? I'm in Hillsborough but I've got a car so don't mind driving a nice country route to go somewhere decent.:confused:

Add to the Monsal Head Stables, the Barrel at Bretton and the Old Horns at (upper) Bradfield. Then there's the Strines Inn.

But I have to admit that if it's top ale, food and a traditional environment next to some of the most spectacular scenery you want, then head for Monsal Head/Monsal Dale.

The view looks even better after a pint of Old Peculiar!

For a pub with a nice view very near the city centre, try THE VINE on Cemetery Road; last time I went there in the Summer, they did quite good beer and food, but it might be worth checking how they are at present.

Yes Tyranna the Vine is very good as I said in a previous thread I happend on it once sunny Sunday last year and it was like an Ibizan outdoor club with the DJ playing marvellous trance music ... wonder if it will be the same this Sunday afternoon when I will be out on the beer ;-)