Sign in to follow this  

Are there any reliable taxi companies in Sheffield?

Hello,

Does anyone know of any reliable taxi companies in Sheffield?

Twice in the last week I have booked a taxi the day before I needed it and then it not turned up on time. The worst thing was that when I called 15 mins after it was due I was told that they hadnt got a car for me yet.... What is the point of booking one?

Hopefully Ill pass my test soon but still it would be nice to know the nember of a taxi that is reliable and true to its word.

hiya

ive tried numerous different companies and they all seem as bad as each other. I was told that the problem is that the taxi operators have no control over when the drivers actually work. Perhaps thats a business idea to actually directly employ taxi's.

i Always use mercury and in over 2 years using them weekly i have only had one problem with them (a new driver couldn't find my house) there number is 01142 662 662

Last week i called a taxi to pick me and my friend up from a pub and said clearly the name and the area the pub was in. however after a ring back service to advise me the taxi was there and wasnt i called again to be told that the car had gone to a different pub with the same name, when i said that i had clearly stated the area the guy said "must have miss heard you" and that was it apart from telling me it would be over half an hour before he could get me another car. rubbish.

Yesterday (20th) I used Mercury Taxis.

I'd like to say here what a lovely pleasant person I spoke to on the 'phone,

'J' will know who she is :thumbsup:

The taxi was here within 5 mins.

Excellent service.

Mercury are by far the best (and biggest) in Sheffield. I always used them even when several of my falily members worked for a rival company! :blush:

K x

I was surprised last night after ordering a Network cab (usually really late!) arrived at the quoted 10minutes: from -1000 points Network go up by 10 in my book :D

Thanks for your messages.

I always thought that Mercury was a reliable company but Im sorry to say the it was them that I was talking about in my original thread.

Although Ace never even bothered turning up at all once.

Mercury are OK if all you need is a lift to or from the pub BUT, don't rely on them if you have a deadline ie a train/plane to catch etc they're just not professional enough for that sort of work. I booked a taxi with Mercury for 5.30am to get me to the station for 6.00am. At 5.45 still no taxi....ring their office who say ...yes he'll not be long...as soon as he gets to your area etc. I said " look you don't understand I need a taxi like NOW, I booked this yesterday" but was given more of the " We couldn't really give a s**t" type waffle. I was forced to get a neighbour out of bed to take us and we just made it. I would rather walk home now rather than give my custom to Mercury...a bunch of cowboys in my experience.

Never once had a problem with Mecury, we hired their minibus to take us to Manchester on Wednesday, not only was he spot on time, he actually looked up the route before picking us up so not to get lost :D

In the last year or so always used to use and recommend Mercury, but in the last few months they seem to have gone downhill... I think three of the last four times I booked one it either turned up stupidly late (if I book the day before that kind of suggests I'm bothered about the time!) or just didn't at all.

Before that I always used RCA but they went just the same, which was why I switched to Mercury.

End result, haven't found anyone I trust...