Worst Pubs In Sheff?

Thought there was something familiar about you!

It was you that started this thread this time last year, wasn't it?

Congratulations! That's a hell of a time to hold a grudge!

You must be a very sad person indeed digging up past threads.

Lets get this right, when someone asks my opinion, I will give it. Why should you butt your nose in on my comments which for the record is that Fagans is a terrible pub.

See all the left wingers are coming out for a political night out in Fagans - possibly the most offensive pub in Sheffield

Keep your opinions to yourself, Basil, surely you can do someting more interesting than trawling old posts, why not try finding yourself a girlfriend and then you may get some respect from people

:rolleyes: Are you old enough to drink in a pub?

Fagans is a decent pub, beer is nice, landlord friendly and a laugh, didn't notice a protest on when I was in there last, just some soft music from the back room.

You may not understand the politics of the songs sang in that back room. I suggest looking up the history of some of the left wing songs, A number of us were very offended by the songs that people were singing especially when all the bar staff joined in.

You do not sing offensive songs like that in this country!

N.B - "Decent pub" - there are nicer pubs on the manor than fagans

You may not understand the politics of the songs sang in that back room. I suggest looking up the history of some of the left wing songs, A number of us were very offended by the songs that people were singing especially when all the bar staff joined in.

You do not sing offensive songs like that in this country!

Perhaps the songs that so offended you reflect Sheffield's proud tradition of dissent and radicalism, and our city's part in repealing the Corn Laws, incresing sufferage (Chartism), anti-slavery and the founding of the TUC.

Welcome to Sheffield btw D_Money! What was it like where you were living before, back in the 18th Centuary?

Perhaps the songs that so offended you reflect Sheffield's proud tradition of dissent and radicalism, and our city's part in repealing the Corn Laws, incresing sufferage (Chartism), anti-slavery and the founding of the TUC.

Welcome to Sheffield btw D_Money! What was it like where you were living before, back in the 18th Centuary?

By that you mean, songs that glorify the IRA are ok to be sung in fagans!

Hardly politically correct, get your facts right.

Sheffield born and bred!

I've been an on and off customer of Fagan's for the past 20 years. I'm also a guitarist who's been known to have a strum with other musicians in the pub's back room. I know Tom and Barbara relatively well - they are always accommodating and pleasant - and I would call myself a Tory, indeed, on a good day a Thatcherite.

Never in those 20 years have I heard the kind of songs you heard whilst enjoying a pint of Guinness - the best one can find in this city - in this particular pub. Yes, the pub is known for its irish connections, but I've certainly never heard anti-English songs sung in there.

I'm not disputing your claims.

But neither am I going to support you in your belief that Fagan's is "..a hole...full of left wing protestors".

There are other pubs. Time to try them out and leave Fagan's to those who enjoy drinking there (and singing the odd Buddy Holly song in my case).

I agree the Mason's is pretty bad.

But the prize still has to go to the Farfield at Neepsend. It was so awful when I went in (just once) about 3 years ago that I think I might have to go again soon just to check if it should still retain the title. Visible muck and grime on the pumps and optics (no cask ale of course), about three customers max (all drinking cups of tea out of chipped grimy mugs rather than ordering drinks), and a 'landlord' who could barely be bothered to serve. It seems to be some sort of doss house masquerading as a pub. Give it an extremely wide berth is my advice.

Some of the other pubs named above are simply not very good pubs, not in the same league as the Farfield.

I think it's still closed from the floods last summer

By that you mean, songs that glorify the IRA are ok to be sung in fagans!

Hardly politically correct, get your facts right.

Sheffield born and bred!

But no doubt singing "The Billy Boys" is perfectly acceptable?

You went into a pub with Irish connections and probably heard "The Fields Of Athenry", or something like that. Fagan's is a damn good pub, and has spent many a year in the BRITISH Campaign for Real Ale's "Good Beer Guide" for the quality of it's beer.

It's also a pub used by the local constabulary, so should you find that there's rampant Irish nationalism and other Papish plots, I'm sure they'll be more than happy to investigate :thumbsup:.

Yates Wine Lodge:gag:

Annoyingly loud dj and they have an enormous Chav magnet behind the bar which drags all ends of low life in.

Jim:thumbsup:

I agree totally Jim

yates wine lodge is a real magnet for flotsam and jetsam :)

I know this is an old one guys - but just to let you know Brown Bear is open again :banana: I'm off in this Friday to check it out.

It is difficult to say which is the worst. Problem is that I have walked through the door of several and walked out again.

Didn't stay long enough to check on whether the beer tasted like pee. One sniff and turn around.

I can't understandwhy people frequent enough absolute sheds to be able to put them in order of depravity.

Phew glad you told me i wont be going there then !

Anyone else confused?

HA yes me im confused as well