St Luke's bid for Graves Park / Norton Nurseries

Do you support St Luke's bid?  

486 members have voted

1. 1. Do you support St Luke's bid?

• Yes
    • No

Which part of the show do we fast forward to, or was it the whole thing?

Please see above for update - the first 12 mins so far have been ESSENTIAL listening, IMO.

So they are STILL obsessed with the theft of public parkland!!! There is no hope for an end to this.

Why would you think they are obsessed? Surely anything to the contrary would just prove what has been speculated all along, that special and inappropriate relationships and agendas have been at work all the way through. Surely they have to keep up the intrigue, after all... it keeps them in the press!

Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending them, I'm just not surprised - one of the agendas is the media war, and words are awfully cheap these days.

I'm recording now. Will post a link shortly.

Update: It is around 13Mb as an mp3 and I've forgotten who I used to use for large file sharing.

Any recommendations?

What has finding a new home sor St Luke's got to do with either the Lib Dem's,the Graves Park Trust or anyone on SF?

Perhaps there is some land somewhere belonging to a charity for puppy dogs that he can steal from.

You've GOT to listen to this! Can anyone record/download and save it?

Trying to do that now.

I'm recording now. Will post a link shortly.

Thanks cgksheff - that's great. I'll keep adding to my previous post with some sort of summary. See Post 3757. There's a couple of things going on, they're talking about prescription medication too in between St Lukes calls.:loopy: Typical Radio Sheffield!:hihi:

As a first try I've put them onto Wikisend (available for 7 days).

The first file is the largest - 13Mb of the main discussion with Paul Scriven and Steve Kirk:

http://wikisend.com/download/554482/Rony - Scriven - Kirk on Radio Sheffield 01.mp3

The second - around 6Mb is of a caller, Steve, and then a response by Jan Wilson:

http://wikisend.com/download/553322/caller and then Wilson on Radio Sheffield 02.mp3

The third (also about 6Mb) is the call-in by Richard Caborne:

http://wikisend.com/download/553288/Caborne on Radio Sheffield 03.mp3

There is enough on here to ask the Charities Commission to take action.

Misrepresentation?

Again Kirk insists that an application has been submitted, but Scriven, Wilson & Caborne say they have yet to see anything.

Thanks cgksheff - that's great. I'll keep adding to my previous post with some sort of summary. See Post 3757. There's a couple of things going on, they're talking about prescription medication too in between St Lukes calls.:loopy: Typical Radio Sheffield!:hihi:

Very disappointing. For something which has "split Sheffield", one phone in and a handful of texts from the public was hardly inspiring material. Only really worth it to hear the same old half-truths being propagated. At least Mr Kirk made it clear that his responsibility was to his charity. What a pity he won't admit that right to another.

Just why are people so against St. Luke's basing itself in a beautiful park, yes I understand peoples concern of traffic, green park space being built upon. But think of just why people are in the hospice, because they are seriously poorly and need not just personal care and attention but also a quiet peaceful place. Come on, I urge those with no thought or heart remember none of us know our destiny, this hospice is important to everyone involved in St. Lukes. City Council should be totally ashamed not to back their move to up dated premises, and local people should think again. Yes green space is important but so is the caring networks.

Very disappointing. For something which has "split Sheffield", one phone in and a handful of texts from the public was hardly inspiring material. Only really worth it to hear the same old half-truths being propagated. At least Mr Kirk made it clear that his responsibility was to his charity. What a pity he won't admit that right to another.

Indeed. I would have been far more interested to hear Terry Fox answering questions about why he was voted off the council when Captain Kirk claims 1000 supporters in S8 alone.

Just why are people ...........

Have you taken time to read through this thread?

You may find that it answers your questions.

Just why are people so against St. Luke's basing itself in a beautiful park, yes I understand peoples concern of traffic, green park space being built upon. But think of just why people are in the hospice, because they are seriously poorly and need not just personal care and attention but also a quiet peaceful place. Come on, I urge those with no thought or heart remember none of us know our destiny, this hospice is important to everyone involved in St. Lukes. City Council should be totally ashamed not to back their move to up dated premises, and local people should think again. Yes green space is important but so is the caring networks.

BECAUSE IT IS IN A PARK!!!!!

Ye gods man havent you read ANY of the thread? Norton aerodrome will provide all the requirments for the hospice, NOT a public park.