I'm leaving the Forum for a while

Good luck, I hope things improve. Unfortunately, you may find that they don't, as generally one DSL service is delivered in the same way as another, and disconnects are more likely down to the wiring than your actual ISP. (If it is actually line drops rather than loss of routing.)

Of course another ISP may be better at helping you to fix the issues, or may provide you with a better modem.

If you go to a provider that uses cable I am not so sure you need a mac.Could be wrong but ask the people on the computer & tech page.

You must be just unlucky with Wanadoo/Orange, I've been with them on and off since the Freeserve days and never had any problems, their Call Centre's even based in Rotherham which is better than most of the others, they're all either Indian or Scottish! :loopy::rant:

I was saying to Dad last week that getting UK Call Centres staffed by ENGLISH workers, is the ONE thing that would make me vote BNP! But Dad said if I ever did, he'd disown me.

Since an incredibly frustrating few days just just before Christmas when simply clicking to change website caused the thing to disconnect, my Orange Broadband has actually been better lately.

been with orange since the days of freeserve, wanadoo, now orange and i must say that we have had very few problems the worst was when we moved house, other than that nothing much to complain about.

We have orange as o/h is on orange mobile phone pay monthly :)

i moved from virgin to bt, not had a problem with bt and its been brill, we had the '3' with virgin and they were terrable, when it was telewest they were brilliant, but after the takeover it went downhill!!! now with sky for tv and bt for phone and tinternet and not looked back..

just one other thing .....did you know that virgin can't cope with the tv, broadband and phone and that part of the company is up for sale!!!!

just one other thing .....did you know that virgin can't cope with the tv, broadband and phone and that part of the company is up for sale!!!!

Yikes!! Never knew that, I have tv, phone and broadband all with virgin, not had many problems to be honest.

I'm on BT too. No probs here. (near town), though my Mams connection is crap on the same service but in s11.

:confused:

Good luck:thumbsup:

Please dont go with Virgin, my tip of the week.

Come back soon Albert lad, I really value your knowledge and experience.

go to the call centre in rotherham and take a sleeping bag park youself in the reception and refuse to move until they give you your mac code. phone calender and the star and tell them what time you will be there. I WOULD IMAGINE YOU WILL HAVE YOUR MAC CODE WITHIN THE HOUR

Hurry back mate. I for one will miss your posts, generally speaking.