Wednesday Chat - Discuss games/news here

Originally posted by nez75

By that I suppose you mean Kuqi, Owusu Quinn, Geary and Bromby.

not owusu nor bromby (although the latter has done right well down with us)

quinny andgeary was always good for you, and you know this!!

kuqi was always destined to show his true form, just did not suit wednesdays style of play!!!

Quinn was crap for us in his last season at hillsborough, ask any wednesdayite. He was a headless chicken who lost the ball all the time. Geary was 100% which I can't fault him for but we're definately not missing him. JP is worth twice both of them put together, the midfield is better without them- everyone is saying it.

Kuqi wasn't very good either for us, no one missed him when he went. He had the odd good game which warranted us singing his name every once in a while. Nothing special though so its no loss to us really. We'll make £150,000 if Ipswich go up so at least he's contributed something to us.

Ive heard that southampton have loaned out kenwyne jones again as soon as they got him back ....anyone else know if its true??

If so i thinks its rather cheeky as they said they needed him back cause of injuries!!! :rant:

Jones came on as sub against Liverpool today, so that's that one quashed :thumbsup:

I seem to have noticed that in the piggy thread they've resorted to taking the p*** out of wednesday again . . . . couldn't be anything to do with the fact that they are on a magnificent losing streak ( of bacon ) could it?.

Fuuny though how it all started by some Wednesday fan who interestingly hasn't posted under the Owls chat thread yet, came up with a sublime piece of crap and then couldn't answer back execpt in one line bits of drivel.

By the way I will not start an argument here and will say that Mclean will surely be attracting interest from other clubs before the end of the transfer window? Great goal by him the other night and I wish the Blades had someone who would do that on a regular basis (would have trounced Sunderland if we had). But could he do it in the Championship do you think?

Duffman, hard as it is for me to agree with a unitedite . . I've got to agree with you about the 'certain wednesdayite'. Doesn't really have many answers for alot of other things either - just a one-line wonder really.

Originally posted by Lestat

Duffman, hard as it is for me to agree with a unitedite . . I've got to agree with you about the 'certain wednesdayite'. Doesn't really have many answers for alot of other things either - just a one-line wonder really.

That's ok we all have to bite our tonge sometimes;) I was just winding Brooksy up to see if he would bite (he either wasn't or couldn't), but maybe we should bring up the Banter thread started by Internetowl so we can take the p**s on there outof each other and just stick to team talk on the respective Blades and Owls chat.

It was a bit of a dire game on Friday, but as long as we grind out results I don't really care. Great goal from MacLean, Quinn was a bit unimpressive but I suppose its to be expected with him trying to adjust to English football.

Originally posted by nez75

It was a bit of a dire game on Friday, but as long as we grind out results I don't really care. Great goal from MacLean, Quinn was a bit unimpressive but I suppose its to be expected with him trying to adjust to English football.

Didnt think he was that bad, just playing a different game to everyone around him, will need a few weeks to get to know the lads.

Also see Kenwyne got a good 90 seconds for the saints...