People of Firth Park & Burngreave...

hello!

Im a 3rd year journalism student at the University of Sheffield and as part of my coursework i have to write a vast amount of current stories from these two areas.

If anybody knows of anything that is happening or has recently happened I would love to know! whether it be a burglary or a school fair!!

cheers!

Gemma x

What happened to the serious topic of Christmas decorations?

oh yeah ive gotta do that aswell for wednesday! and a presentation on free speech and censorship! fun times ahead!! x

hello!

Im a 3rd year journalism student at the University of Sheffield and as part of my coursework i have to write a vast amount of current stories from these two areas.

If anybody knows of anything that is happening or has recently happened I would love to know! whether it be a burglary or a school fair!!

cheers!

Gemma x

There's plenty on this site for you to look at. :)

oh yeah ive gotta do that aswell for wednesday! and a presentation on free speech and censorship! fun times ahead!! x

There's plenty on this...... eeeerrrrr .....ok maybe not

:hihi:

(t'was a joke btw Mr and Mrs Mods:suspect::hihi:)

Well one thing that happened in Firth Park (well part of it) today was a power cut at around 1.00am. Power came back at about 1.30 - for all of 10 seconds. It continued on and off until about 5.30, since when it appears to be OK (fingers crossed).

I have now got a distressed dog (every time the power goes off, my ma-in-law's City Wide Alarm box bleeps repeatedly and dog is afraid of bleeps!).

And I'm faced with the prospect of staying awake until 8ish when it gets light, in case the 'lectric goes off again, and my ma-in-law wakes up and falls down the stairs in the dark.

I am not a happy bunny.

hello gems if you want a story about firth park try this one.

A friend of mine was riding his bike from longley to firth park college .he came past the ambulance station up the hill to the top now with this new junction that,s been put there opposite the college he wanted to turn right.but to his suprise as he got to the junction a car came through the no entry side and nearly knocked him off his bike.the car driver stopped and called my friend a t@@T and drove off laughing

yeh would he mind speaking to me about it? that would make a nice little story! x

As a more light-hearted piece, how about doing something on former ABC singer Martin Fry's attempts to open a home for retired shirehorses on Bellhouse Road?

hello!

cheers!

Gemma x

we have just had a new statue erected at the rutland road end of parkwoods springs nature reserve. if thats news worthy enough for you

we have just had a new statue erected at the rutland road end of parkwoods springs nature reserve. if thats news worthy enough for you

I belive it depics a drug dealer and an upturned dustbin. nice.