Your views on the Teacher who named a Teddy

Because it's a religion!! :thumbsup:

“Imbedded in the Koran is the shariah law. This makes it difficult to separate mosque from state. A good Muslim desires to follow Mohammed’s teachings to the full and this means that he must desire to live in an Islamic state where the shariah law is enforced.”

More like it is due to Shariah Law?

In which case human rights go out of the window. Some religion. :mad:

http://www.faithfreedom.org/Articles/Ohmyrus/islam_failed_muslims.htm

Actually I wasn't kidding when I suggested that the SAS should get Gillian Gibbons out of there, in view of todays events I'd say that she was in real danger and must be terrified even though she's been moved to a secure location.

All this over a bloody soft toy, unbelievable.

Get her out.

The Sudan has made a fabulously consequential negative impact upon the world economy. We pay, they starve. Cool ! I suggest that we keep pumping money into this corrupt regime ....the Janjaweed militia, backed by the Sudanese government, are responsible for the deaths of 500, 000 people. But don't let that bother you.

A cuddly toy is far more important.

“Imbedded in the Koran is the shariah law. This makes it difficult to separate mosque from state. A good Muslim desires to follow Mohammed’s teachings to the full and this means that he must desire to live in an Islamic state where the shariah law is enforced.”

More like it is due to Shariah Law?

In which case human rights go out of the window. Some religion.

http://www.faithfreedom.org/Articles/Ohmyrus/islam_failed_muslims.htm

First of all welcome back Grahame. Secondly the following is related to your comment but not solely directed to you, lots of contributors to this thread seems to have similar opinions.

Anyway the point I want to make, is that Sharia law is not in itself opposed to human rights. I keep repeating myself on this point because it is of primary importance to understand it. Not least because without that understanding there is no hope of change to repressive regimes who justify themselves by way of reactionary interpretations of sharia.

Also, consider, people like Lord Ahmed our muslim peer who has gone over to the Sudan to argue for the release of the teacher. Or Abdulrahman al-Lahim and the husband of the rape victim being punished in Saudi Arabia (Ref).

Progressive muslims like these, who argue human rights are compatible with sharia, and also the victims deserve our support, not mockery and negativity towards their religion.

Please also consider the expressed wishes of Gillian Gibbons family:

Ms Gibbons’s son, John, 25, a marketing consultant, told the Daily Mail that the family was struggling to take in the punishment. He said: "It’s really difficult at the moment, my head is everywhere. I don’t want the verdict to lead to any anti feeling towards Muslims.

"Everyone has been very nice, but one of my fears, and I imagine my mother’s also, will be that this results in any sort of resentment towards Muslim people."

Times

the Janjaweed militia, backed by the Sudanese government, are responsible for the deaths of 500, 000 people. But don't let that bother you.

What the hell do you want me to do about it, even the best politicians can't sort the sorry mess out, the place is doomed.

The very least our poxy Government can do is get Gillian Gibbons out of there.

What the hell do you want me to do about it, even the best politicians can't sort the sorry mess out, the place is doomed.

The very least our poxy Government can do is get Gillian Gibbons out of there.

I was just agreeing with you. Get her out.

as i said....................its not our country, they can do whatever punishments, laws they see fit, we might not agree with em but do we really want to thrust "OUR DEMOCRACY / CULTURE" on every other country.........then we get mad when people from those countries threaten us???

anyway what i saw wasnt stoning...it was firing squad :P

I can't believe posts like this, surely common sense needs to be seen here, I'm sure whatever law they have they can see it as ignorence (if you wanna call it that) from the teacher not understanding...

What gets me with our country is that there are so many do-gooders wanting to defend idiotic acts that we have seen over the naming of a cuddly toy.

We would still have do-gooders if some islamic extremist decided to blow up every infant school in our country, someone im sure would say, yeh but we did ask for it because we called a teddy a name, sounds pathetic but so true, thats why our country is so soft because of these people.

It would be so nice if these same do-gooders showed the same enthusiasm with issues closer to home for the people who respect our way of life, people who know right and wrong and who know that sometimes people can make a mistake because they don't understand.

For me anyone who can see the side of those protesters, then please goto http://www.skyscanner.net and book yourself a flight to support them and comfort those very hurtfelt people who are suffering pain that a teddy has been named mohamhed, please book now as there maybe more who will be upset if they have no TV.

There really is no point in intensifying the tension between Islam and Europe, lock her up if it means that there is less chance of a WW3 anytime soon.

Furthermore for those who say she deserves what she gets, do you think the same of our sevicemen who defend our country?

There really is no point in intensifying the tension between Islam and Europe, lock her up if it means that there is less chance of a WW3 anytime soon.

Ignorant ignorant crap. Islamic countries and groups are disgusted by this case. Pay attention to what is actually happening and what the issues are before coming out with your ignorant rubbish.

Ignorant ignorant crap. Islamic countries and groups are disgusted by this case. Pay attention to what is actually happening and what the issues are before coming out with your ignorant rubbish.

Yes, I know Islamic countries and groups are discusted by this case, what in God's name is your point anyway?

This thread contains some very strange debates.

The Sudanese Govt is a nasty regime, by anyone's standards. In fairness to them the country has since independence been involved in civil war, with umpteen seperate militia groups active in different areas and with some groups active across national borders. But the Sudanese Govt.s use of Janjaweed militias inflicting genocide and using rape as weapon of terror, is indefensible. The country already has African Union soldiers there, but they are holed up in their own enclaves unable to do anything other than defend themselves. I believe the deployment of UN peacekeeping troops promised a year ago has stalled because their Govt wants immunity from prosecution for war crimes.

The way this charity worker/ teacher has been picked on is deplorable, but what effectively can the UK Govt bargain with? I for one don't think we should be bargaining with any immunities from prosecution for war crimes. The situation in Sudan is a complicated mess and simplistic bomb the place type comments on here are just plain ignorant. Arguments about this being to do with Islam without understanding the context of the Civil War and recognising the universal condemnation of their actions just betray the ignorance of those making these arguments. I don't however have any solutions, the situation is too complex and the attrocities committed on all sides so great, that simply picking sides does not seem to be an option.

One thing I do think we should be doing and aren't doing is we should stop deporting refugees back to this morally bankrupt country. There are even reports that Sudanese Govt Officials have been seconded to the Home Office to interrogate Sudanese Asylum seekers, in contravention of our treaty obligations. The UNHCR have even written to the UK Govt expressing concern at what we are doing.(Ref)

If we want to express distaste for the regime, which we should, then the least we can do is stop cooperating with their Govt by breaking international laws in our rush to deport asylum seekers back to persecution under this deplorable regime.

Unfortunately the situation is further complicated by our reliance on Sudan to provide intelligence on Al Qaeda and opposition movements in Iraq. The main source of that intelligence is allegedly Salah Abdallah Gosh, Sudan's Head of Security and man most implicated in Darfur. Unfortunately instead of being tried for warcrimes he has received both US and British hospitality. A further factor is the presence on humanitarian aid workers in very vulnerable positions around Sudan. The fact that we appear to have such a weak negotiating hand in the case of Darfur makes the gung-ho approach to this case all the more ill-informed and ludicrous.

Its a name for a cuddly toy for christ sake,and she didnt pick it the kids did who chose the name because they have had his name drilled into them and obviously choose the name out of love rather than mocking "him"

Its just another case of this stupid,stupid,stupid religion gone absolutley crazy

Its a cuddly toy ffs and its a name.......does anyone think we would jail a muslim in this country if he called one of his kids tellytubby toys Jesus or God?

Have just seen Sky News where a muslim was shouting he would cut her head off if he found her...what an ABSOLUTE IDIOT

Its a Toy,Its a Name and The Woman was over there hoping to further their.....THEIR kids ecucation,makes me sick and so does their religion,its a joke

Am gonna change my dogs name to mohammed..................come and get me!!!