Can I park here?

if egg damages your paintwork you should be taking the manufacturer to court for using defective paint and lacquer.

last time i checked eggs weren't acidic or alkaline so whilst not about to egg my own car to test it, i'm fairly sure that it won't damage your paintwork. Unless the shells cause scratching as they break.

If its thrown hard enough and close enough, and the 'pointy bit' hits the car, it will damage the paintwork by causing like a ripple effect fron the point of impact.

I know - I've had it happen to me with a previous car near the Handsworth exit off the Parkway. Its not much bit you can see it if you get it in the right light and at the right angle

Originally posted by Strix

And wouldn't it be hilarious if they're a fellow forumer??

They'd be able to tell who you are!! And you're gunna be in for it next time you park there if they've read the arrogant postings you've made!!! :hihi: :hihi:

How dim are you?

not very, 19 yr old second year law student....urself?

Originally posted by Leigh

God help us all!

So, you plonk a heavy lump of metal slap bang in front of someone else's drive, blocking their access. Then, after reaping the (mild) consequences, you go on to claim the moral high ground?

The world's gone mad :loopy:

The point that people have been trying to make is that if there is no drop kerb then it is not "Their Driveway" it is "their bit of land in front of their house" and they have no right to drive their car into it.

Okay it sounds pedantic (and if you really did block someone in like that it would be unreasonable), but it IS the law as it stands. Whether you agree with it or not that is indisputable.

Originally posted by Yodameister

The point that people have been trying to make is that if there is no drop kerb then it is not "Their Driveway" it is "their bit of land in front of their house" and they have no right to drive their car into it.

Okay it sounds pedantic (and if you really did block someone in like that it would be unreasonable), but it IS the law as it stands. Whether you agree with it or not that is indisputable.

I understand that, but it's just common courtesy not to park in front of it.

I agree, but a lot of people can't seem able to tell the difference between what is technically legal and illegal, and what is unneighbourly, and it annoys me more than it should!!

Originally posted by Tony

God help us all!

no fair.

would my post have been left if I said that's funny and appropriate Tony? It's not like I quoted a huge chunk of text and just added a smiley, it was 3 smileys and only a small chunk of text.

I say again :clap::D:clap:

Originally posted by Leigh

Older and wiser than to aggravate people when I'm not there to defend my property, dearie :D And how dare you question my intelligence??? You get worse!! I've already got my degree, thanks. Your arrogance knows no bounds.

And I have parked across somebody's driveway before, but I left a note with the address I was visiting on it so they could ask me to move if necessary. And it didn't cost anything.

Now that's a mature way to deal with the difficulty of parking somewhere that Leigh could learn from. And I'll bet Strix's car wasn't egged...

Originally posted by Strix

Older and wiser than to aggravate people when I'm not there to defend my property, dearie :D And how dare you question my intelligence??? You get worse!! I've already got my degree, thanks. Your arrogance knows no bounds.

And I have parked across somebody's driveway before, but I left a note with the address I was visiting on it so they could ask me to move if necessary. And it didn't cost anything.

1) 'How dare you question my intelligence?' u gasp when i question your intelligence, merely in response to your implications of mine - foolish person.

2) How exactly would you 'defend your property' after aggravating people?

3) If anyone blocked access to my unused drive i would never resort to defacing their property.

4) What was your degree in and what classification did you get?