Old Spider Park In Wisewood

Isn't the housing association who are using part of the park as a compound, paying for it with the money earmarked for developing the park? I'm sure at the area panel meeting it was mentioned. Sadly I struggled to hear some of the speakers. I also got the impression that there are plans for improvements, with some active local people involved in the development.

Isn't the housing association who are using part of the park as a compound, paying for it with the money earmarked for developing the park? I'm sure at the area panel meeting it was mentioned. Sadly I struggled to hear some of the speakers. I also got the impression that there are plans for improvements, with some active local people involved in the development.

Pennine Housing have been using the park to store materials for their housing refurbishment programme on the Wisewood Estate. They have been paying the Council a rent for doing so.

It's been suggested that some of this money go towards improvements on Spider Park once the containers have gone and I fully support this idea!

Nope the bike track is over grown, the slide was the last thing I saw, but that was years ago... to day when I walked through... I still trying to decide if the nets were hockey or football, it was so ever grown, but there was a green tin thing like a bus shelter in the field...

Kittenta was that snow kitten/ blunder bolt Tracey

Have we not got anywhere with doing this park up yet then?

No play equipment can be installed on the park until the big steel containers have gone (2010!!!!!), but this will give the friends group plenty of time to raise quite a lot of funding (hopefully) for something really great for the park.

Nope the bike track is over grown, the slide was the last thing I saw, but that was years ago... to day when I walked through... I still trying to decide if the nets were hockey or football, it was so ever grown, but there was a green tin thing like a bus shelter in the field...

Kittenta was that snow kitten/ blunder bolt Tracey

That was me yes (just without the e in my name :)) :suspect: not associated with the blunder bolt anymore though :D:hihi: Who are you?? :huh:

I can remember the slide that used to be down the side of those steps in one of the photos. My younger brother uses the nets to play football now. I spent hours and hours on the bmx track practicing for my bmx racing (what a tomboy I was :D) I also broke a tooth on the roundabout and caused many cuts and bruises falling off the spider, all great fun :D Sledging down the grass bank was great and playing tiggy around the trees at the bottom of the bank. Loads of space up there for racing radio controlled cars too! I just hope if swings are to be put back in there they find something less likely to be destroyed as that's the first thing that seems to vanish these days! Plenty of thick chains should help, not sure about the seats though :confused:

No play equipment can be installed on the park until the big steel containers have gone (2010!!!!!), but this will give the friends group plenty of time to raise quite a lot of funding (hopefully) for something really great for the park.

Well, plenty of planning time and better than never!

I just hope if swings are to be put back in there they find something less likely to be destroyed as that's the first thing that seems to vanish these days! Plenty of thick chains should help, not sure about the seats though :confused:

Dont worry! The friends group will look into equipment that is quite robust (and fire proof!!!).