Old Spider Park In Wisewood

That would happen once the group is up and running, there would have to be consultation of the new park - we cant make decisions about what people want without asking them first.

My god, if only some politicians and council officers understood that!

Sounds like you've made a good start. I've got a few play equipment brochures and contact details of suppliers. I've also got a design that was done for another area from a world renowned play designer. Try looking at some of the case studies at http://www.sansehaver.dk/asp/side/english.html - might not be your cup of tea, but you may be able to use some of her ideas.

My god, if only some politicians and council officers understood that!

Sounds like you've made a good start. I've got a few play equipment brochures and contact details of suppliers. I've also got a design that was done for another area from a world renowned play designer. Try looking at some of the case studies at http://www.sansehaver.dk/asp/side/english.html - might not be your cup of tea, but you may be able to use some of her ideas.

Ive just had a very quick look and the park looks great.

Just a shame most of it is made out of wood as that is something that I would try to avoid using on Spider Park as vandals would set fire to it.

Replace wood with steel - you then also acknowledge our heritage!

Replace wood with steel - you then also acknowledge our heritage!

yes good idea! may try and get some pics of other local parks in the area eg parson cross park, walkley park , and get ideas from the group members when the group forms etc

That would happen once the group is up and running, there would have to be consultation of the new park - we cant make decisions about what people want without asking them first.

I have already spoke to the local primary head teacher and he is backing the group and has said that they will do some work with the children about a new park e.g. what they would want it to look like, what play equipment they would like. I will also be contacting the local secondary school soon.

I wasn't having a go :)

I wasn't having a go :)

I know u wasnt, sorry if my post made it seem that way - i didnt mean to.:)

ive herd good news about this new park!!! think theres some action being done and a group is starting up

as far as i know there is a meeting on the old spider park sometime soon! plans etc not sure if this meeting is open to everyone as yet! But please contact Steve ayris (local lib dem councillor) or maybe loopylulu they know more about this

hope this helps!!!

Theres to be some kind of public meeting soon! the local school have been drawing pictures of wot they would want on the park etc

But i think the park needs to be for all folks in the area young or old folks! If you think you can help with this please PM and i will forward you to the right person!!!

I think the park would be great for the community!!!!

Spider Park Master Plan

Sheffield Development Framework.

A Public Meeting is to be held at Wisewood Methodist Church Ben Lane

On 22 May at 6pm

Phone 0114 2671572 for details

Spotted the above in the May issue of Sixer Magazine.

Spider Park Master Plan

Sheffield Development Framework.

A Public Meeting is to be held at Wisewood Methodist Church Ben Lane

On 22 May at 6pm

Phone 0114 2671572 for details

Spotted the above in this in May issue of Sixer Magazine.

You beat me to it :hihi:

There will also be a meeting on 7th May 6pm at Wisewood Primary School for people who are interested in joining Friends of Spider Park.

This is a new community group that is setting up.

Please PM me if you will be attending as I need to know the numbers.

Thanks

Also as i understand letters will be going around the local school asking parents to become members, So please get involved!!