Predictions for November 10th

for christs sake its Banta lads... come on??:loopy:

Everyone'appy??

madowl, I agree with lots of things you say, but on this one mate you're wrong.

The whole thing is that we don't really want banta, insults, and sly (and not so sly) digs on this particular thread.

Every thread on the Sheffield Football section doesn't HAVE to include banter and insults. The ones that should have it are plain to see. This one just requires people to put down their predictions, simple as. I think that the banter on the forum is great, often very sharp and witty, and I think that both sets of fans give it and take it well. But let's save it for the right threads and keep this one friendly.

Owls 1 v 1 Southampton

Stoke 2 v 0 Blades

Owls 1 v 1 Southampton

Stoke 2 v 0 Blades

Dewey

If i put you in the Prediction League you will be starting on zero points...If you have no problems with that then you are in.

Let me know

Regards CB

Owls 0 Southampton 1

Stoke 0 Blades 1

as usual :D

Blades 1 Stoke 2

Owls 1 Southhampton 3

Dewey

If i put you in the Prediction League you will be starting on zero points...If you have no problems with that then you are in.

Let me know

Regards CB

Cheers CB, and with the few predictions i'd already made i'd have been on no points anyway!:hihi: Ta!

The whole thing is that we don't really want banta, insults, and sly (and not so sly) digs on this particular thread.

Every thread on the Sheffield Football section doesn't HAVE to include banter and insults. The ones that should have it are plain to see. This one just requires people to put down their predictions, simple as. I think that the banter on the forum is great, often very sharp and witty, and I think that both sets of fans give it and take it well. But let's save it for the right threads and keep this one friendly.

Good post pitsmoorlad. Hope that people will see the light. :thumbsup:

owls 0 soton 1

blades 2 stoke 2

sorry mate but, i just think that banta is just part of football, you give it you take it... to make a big deal out of keepin the banta off this thread is... stupid, you want a banta free thread then this is my last footie thread post... If a bloke like CB can let me call him a tosser, to which i dont get any Death threats;) for bladebloke to say "and mad un you sure your a pig yer sound half decent... " goes to show that were not all thugs... takin the **** of each other has been goin on for years..... and i prefer it that way... sometimes postin on here is like being at a footie match, your sat there avin ya pie and some git at the back of ya starts tuttin about the foul language.... some people use it some dont... that dont make me better or worse that the next bloke does it...??

Its banta done in good taste.. take it or leave it... but dont dictate to others what to do.

EDIT; you say "But let's save it for the right threads and keep this one friendly..."

dont you think that some people just talk to each other like this....?

i agree that if its posted as an insult.... but its not always that way is it.

Oh and Ally I havent actually given the red card to Lestat yet, I was going to give him time to see if he was bright enough to edit it before the end of the day :suspect:

im sorry canadablade but i dont understand. call me thick but why will lestat be getting a red card:huh:

for predicting a score on a prediction thread.

sorry mate but, i just think that banta is just part of football, you give it you take it... to make a big deal out of keepin the banta off this thread is... stupid, you want a banta free thread then this is my last footie thread post... If a bloke like CB can let me call him a tosser, to which i dont get any Death threats;) for bladebloke to say "and mad un you sure your a pig yer sound half decent... " goes to show that were not all thugs... takin the **** of each other has been goin on for years..... and i prefer it that way... sometimes postin on here is like being at a footie match, your sat there avin ya pie and some git at the back of ya starts tuttin about the foul language.... some people use it some dont... that dont make me better or worse that the next bloke does it...??

Its banta done in good taste.. take it or leave it... but dont dictate to others what to do.

EDIT; you say "But let's save it for the right threads and keep this one friendly..."

dont you think that some people just talk to each other like this....?

i agree that if its posted as an insult.... but its not always that way is it.

here here bud if cb told some of these they could only predict wearing a gimp mask whilst typing then they would.

did'nt realise that flappin ally was a girl thought it was a young pig lad being a girl so appologies. but reckon cb should red card her for causing me grief instead of doing her husbands/boyfriends tea. at least that kate is doing a mighty fine job by letting her husband/boyfriend do her predicting whilst she tends to the cooker.

im sorry canadablade but i dont understand. call me thick but why will lestat be getting a red card:huh:

for predicting a score on a prediction thread.

No Chipper I wont call you thick, you asked a serious question and I will try my best to answer you without getting too tedious.

You seems to think I have it in for Lestat as Ally has said also.

Bladebloke, Mad'un and Lestat all recieved yellow cards for lack of a better word i will say TAUNTING ;)

When this PL started, I kindly asked that we use the words owls and Blades. Certain posters repeatedly kept using PIGS and BLUNTS.

After the Oct 29th PL thread I posted the November 6th and firework started the November 10th thread and both Lestat and Bladebloke put pigs.

I havent given either of them a RED CARD yet which if they did get one means they lose a weeks predictions and will get 0 points because I am giving them a day to edit and change it to what we asked, I think thats fair warning.

I know Bladebloke from another forum and he wont change his :hihi:

mad owl was just trying to make a point and for an owl I have loads of respect for the bloke but, hes getting a red if he doesnt change his. Lestat was told on another thread to edit it so was given fair warning.

Hope that clears a few things up.

Regards CB