Asking a stranger out...

It depends how concerned you are about being rejected.

The way I see it, if you dont buy a ticket, you can't win a raffle. The worst someone can say is no (or some derivative of no)

Heres one for you.

You see someone in a shop, on the street or where ever that you think is fine and you would like to take out for a drink or something..

What ways do you have of approaching them and asking them?

you see when your in a bar/pub/club or whatever it is fairly easy, outside that environment with a stranger isn't.

Say something like

"Hi. I know this may sound forward, but would you like to go out for a drink one evening?"

There's not much more to it than that. At that stage both parties are working on looks, and looks only, and will elicit a request/response based on this factor.

Or course, there needs be some context. I wouldn't randomly apporach someone in the street like those hawkers on Fargate. That might seem a bit TOO strange, especially if you revelaed you had been taking photos of them as well.

Say something like

"Hi. I know this may sound forward, but would you like to go out for a drink one evening?"

There's not much more to it than that. At that stage both parties are working on looks, and looks only, and will elicit a request/response based on this factor.

Or course, there needs be some context. I wouldn't randomly apporach someone in the street like those hawkers on Fargate. That might seem a bit TOO strange, especially if you revelaed you had been taking photos of them as well.

Another little tip; if you polish your shoes really well, you'll be able to look up her skirt while you ask her.

Another little tip; if you polish your shoes really well, you'll be able to look up her skirt while you ask her.

Unless she's wearing a mirror under her skirt, in which case you'll only see your shoes. (I went to Catholic school.)

Unless she's wearing a mirror under her skirt, in which case you'll only see your shoes. (I went to Catholic school.)

Do the Catholic church issued mirrored pants then?

Do the Catholic church issued mirrored pants then?

No, but only because they didn't think of it.

The nuns did insist that girls walk up stairs behind the boys so the little pervs couldn't look up our skirts when we hit the second flight of stairs.

:rolleyes:

which is probably why women these days are more obsessed with how firm a mans butt is.

A female friend told me that she was once walking through the Peace Gardens when a young man came up to her and said "I think you're really gorgeous; would you like to come back to mine and have sex with me?"

She turned him down, but I suggested that if he asked hundreds of women and wasn't too choosy, eventually he'd find someone who'd say yes.

I've heard of this strategy being adopted in Ibiza. :D

How about sheffield forum speed dating?

A female friend told me that she was once walking through the Peace Gardens when a young man came up to her and said "I think you're really gorgeous; would you like to come back to mine and have sex with me?"

She turned him down, but I suggested that if he asked hundreds of women and wasn't too choosy, eventually he'd find someone who'd say yes.

It wasn't Melthebell was it?:hihi: