Red lion - London Road - Heeley Bottom

We're going too - I'll be sitting there wondering what forummers I can spot!

Do you reckon it will be young-people friendly?

Wanted to go in with a group of friends before going into town tomorrow night but quite often we dont get a very warm welcome as we're young and theres lots of us lol...

a while back? about 3 years me reckons. No its not Ian, he never really run the sportsman, just had his bar ppl run it while he went drinking in the pubs in the area LOL

Ian? Booze elsewhere? Shurely shome mishtake :P

I'd be delighted to join you for a pint (or two!) Shiesh :)

Unless the feedback is terrible, then get that thread started! Weekends (fri/sat) after 22nd feb suit me best - but let's see what the meet thread brings.

two, three, four or five would sound about right for me!!!! :D:hihi:

I will start a Meet thread for end of Feb once the feedback comes in !!

:)

Is the pub any good? What beer is it?

In terms of the refurb they seem to have made inefficient use of space and there isn't as much seating as some might like, also the way the back room has been split off as a seperate function room seems a bit brutal.

That said it's a nice pub and the staff seemed OK.

Choice of real ales, served colder than you normally expect, but nothing wrong with it. Choice includes John Smiths Bitter, John Smiths Magnet, Theakstons Black Bull Bitter and a couple of others, probably Tetleys and Black Sheep Bitter (can't remember).

Went in on Saturday night and it was packed with a very mixed crowd of all ages which was good, a lively, friendly atmosphere. Can imagine on quieter times the place would look a bit cavernous, and the decor is questionable, but that's just me.

Didn't take too long to get served, and the beer was nice (Magnet and Deuchars - great) but it was very expensive - £4.90 for two pints of ale??

I won't be walking past the Sheaf and the White Lion to get there, but looks like a good place to start a night off with a group of friends.

:o £4.90 for two ales!!

You'd think they would have some opening offers on at least !!

Heeley Bottom is hardly Eccy Road!!

That's disappointing!!

:(

My mate and I went down on saturday night but it was completely packed, both times we walked past. So we went to the White Lion and Crown instead.

That would be ace for me if i can get a gig there can walk down the road with me guitar, all one minutes walk of it!!!

Same thing for my OH, we might have to drop in and have a nosey at the place.

Went in Friday night and although it was nice surroundings and the prices were pretty good (I thought anyway, pint of John Smiths, Contreu on ice and an orange juice for a fiver), I found it a bit too packed with not enough seating (just round the edges) so felt very self concious standing around with a pint, kept getting stares as well (I have a beard, deal with it) so went round the corner to the White Lion where it was quite funny to see everyone following suit, little bit too busy!