Did anyone work at Tesco supermarket, in Hillsborough in the 1970's?

I remember rumours that it was haunted and one christmas Denny and I arrived early and I had to go up the stairs on my tod to switch the lights on in the canteen. I couldnt find the light switch and as I was looking I heared a ghostly singing getting louder and louder...

The lift arrived and the singing was a cleaner with two mop buckets, she wandered into the store room and I tapped her on the shoulder to ask where the switches were.

She went WHOOOOOOOOOP!!! and threw both buckets into the air and one hit me on the head. She thought I was a ghost :D

did you go on that **** up to that old cabaret place in chesterfield cant think of its name it was a staff outing of some sort.

I worked there in 77 and 78.

That any use to you? I know its a bit late but a lot of people worked there in those years who were there for ages,

Do you happen to remember a 6 year old child that had a big chunk of flesh ripped out of her leg by the dreadfully poorly maintained shopping baskets with big pieces of wire hanging out of every side? Funnily enough the baskets had all miraculously been repaired by the next morning. That was about 1978. :D

did you go on that **** up to that old cabaret place in chesterfield cant think of its name it was a staff outing of some sort.

Yeah I was there! I got rat arsed too. duggie Brown was the comedian and one of the girls, sue Udall told him to eff off :D

Do you happen to remember a 6 year old child that had a big chunk of flesh ripped out of her leg by the dreadfully poorly maintained shopping baskets with big pieces of wite hanging out of every side? Funnily enough the baskets had all miraculously been repaired by the next morning. That was about 1978. :D

No I cant remember that! I was there at that time too, I was usually locked away out of harms way though so I missed a lot.

I used to escape occasionally though and... things happened...

Well, should we ever be on the same forum meet, I'll show you that poor little girls scar. :(

Well, should we ever be on the same forum meet, I'll show you that poor little girls scar. :(

It was you?

You just made me feel very old :D

I bet the manager, Denny managed to ooze out of it didnt he?

Yeah I was there! I got rat arsed too. duggie Brown was the comedian and one of the girls, sue Udall told him to eff off :D

duggie brown yeah! i borrowed my dads suit and was sick as a dog all over it

I am 36 now, you know - not that that's gonna make you feel any younger....!

And, mmmmmm, he did kinda get out of it, although more through my mum than him. She just wanted to get me to a hospital, 'cos I was bleeding badly, and he, meanwhile, was badgering her about compensation. I think she had to shout at him in the end. It wasn't the days of compensation, and my mum wasn't/isn't that sort of person.

Ho hum. I could've been a millionaire by now.

sorry dont remember your about the same age as my youngest sister

duggie brown yeah! i borrowed my dads suit and was sick as a dog all over it

I think everybody puked that night! I remember up till about 9 oclock then after that I cant remember a thing!

Did you go to that Ozzy owl night at the Wednesday ground? I think it was an engagement do between one of the girls and the assistant manager... I got so drunk that I was almost arrested on my way home because I was weeing on a parked car under the 5 arches.

It turned out to be a cop car.

Denny got me in he office and gave me a right rollocking because the coppers phoned him and blamed him for getting young lads drunk!

I am 36 now, you know - not that that's gonna make you feel any younger....!

And, mmmmmm, he did kinda get out of it, although more through my mum than him. She just wanted to get me to a hospital, 'cos I was bleeding badly, and he, meanwhile, was badgering her about compensation. I think she had to shout at him in the end. It wasn't the days of compensation, and my mum wasn't/isn't that sort of person.

Ho hum. I could've been a millionaire by now.

He was an oily git so Im surprised he didnt try to make you pay for getting blood on the floor :D