Best Fish and Chips in Sheffield thread

You ought to try the Norwood fish bar near Tessco's on herris road.Its the best in sheffield.I always go in there.The staff are great also.

Does anyone know where I can get good fish and chips without the skin still on!? I really hate the skin!!

There used to be one just off Walkley Lane-on the right as you're coming down. Tiny place, in fact it looked like a garden shed, but the chips were fantastic.

Is it still open anyone?

Taplin Road's gone down the nick a bit. Not bad, but nowhere near as good as it was when the previous owners had it.

does anyone rember the oak house at handsworth?

the best chippie is BECKETTS AT MANOR TOP

by far the best chippie in sheffield is now on chaucer rd called friar tucks its owned by the same people as robin hoods bay attercliffe which won loads of awards

When I'm in Sheffield I go to the one in Beighton, the Admiral I think it's called. Very, very nice indeed. I have memories of Sullivan's chippy on Fife street, Wincobank in the 60s and 70s, which were the best I've ever tasted.

*drool* The Tasty Plaice in Bude, Cornwall, best F&C ever, no skin, white fish, golden chips and pineapple fritters! Following that I can agree with Admirals, then there's a really bizarre place in the middle of a housing estate in Boythorpe which is quite divine, Shoreham Street is pretty good, I prefer Chinese tho!

Under which circusmtances I recommend The Red Lion on London Road which has the best Chinese takeway and quite pasable chips too.

Originally posted by timo

I have memories of Sullivan's chippy on Fife street, Wincobank in the 60s and 70s, which were the best I've ever tasted.

Was that the same family that own Sullivan's in Hornsey?

the friar tucks is the same family which started in scarborough and has succeded in btinging seaside taste and aroma to sheffield

we had a chippy meal in tony's in city centre last week inside the cafe, now usually its ok there.

But we went in at gone 2pm he cooked us a fish etc and it was the worst thing ive ever tasted ,it was like rubber.

you could tell it was cooked twice over, and the chips were just scraps.

i wanted to complain but my son wouldn't let me.so we wont be going there again.

the chippy's at stocksbridge -produce is very greasy and they dont shake the chips - they just go straight on to the paper.

everyone was glad when ours shut down and was replaced by chinese.

has anyone tried robin hoods bay chippy at attercliffe yet.

it was in the star .

chips ok in hillsborough middlewood rd,

also chippy down side road from asda at chapeltown -very good.

if anyone visits holmfirth, that chippy is very good.

yes i remember queenies being the best around at shiregreen

years ago.

atlantis use to be good till it changed hands.

is that one still there on howard st in town -it had a cafe too.

the best fish and chips ive tasted for years were at rhyll.

an asian couple run the shop and they can certainly teach the traditional english chippies a thing or too about how to cook fish and chips ill tell you.

in reply to tara as prevously posted the robin hoods bay chippie which was in the star for all the awards its won is run by the same people as chaucer rd parson cross named friar tucks so if you cant reach attercliffe they are there same quality and real seaside taste now if anyone could help me find a chinese as good as the lun fung on chaucer rd i,d be extatic