TV Licensing - Surveillance Society

Do you agree with the tv license.  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Do you agree with the tv license.

• Yes
    • No

I shouldn't really have to spell this out, (but do recognise that watching BBC output has a negative effect upon the intellect) TV licence fee evaders ARE unlicensed.

Self evidently.

And your analysis that the title means 'unlicensed or evaders' is totally incorrect.

I don't believe so.

Either unlicensed or evaders. If it was evaders only they wouldn't say unlicensed!

Wrong again, Magilla. I don't think that you have got anything right, so far. I recommend you switch off 'EastEnders' and read a book.

Wrong again, Magilla. I don't think that you have got anything right, so far. I recommend you switch off 'EastEnders' and read a book.

Is that another program to add to your list.. of three?

I don't believe so.

To prove that the title: 'Social grade distribution of the 1.3m unlicensed properties – evaders' refers SPECIFICALLY to 1.3 million TV licence fee evaders, I shall present you with some evidence.

The title is taken from this report:

http://www.tvlicensing.co.uk/downloads/performance/performanceEnglish08.pdf

On page 2 it states:

"Evasion levels are stable at 5.1%, despite demographic changes"

On page 7, below the pie chart on the left, it states:

Social grade distribution of the 26.1m properties needing a licence – licensable base

This means that 26.1 million properties, in the view of the BBC, require a TV licence. But only around 25 million licenses were sold that year (page 2).

5.1% of 26.1 million is 1.3 million. This is the estimated number of 'evaders' for that year, as stated clearly in the report.

Why don't you believe that the 1.3 million properties classed as 'evaders' by the BBC/TV Licensing ARE ACTUALLY NOT licence fee evaders? Do you have evidence to prove this? I think not.

TV licensing - the State broadcaster (BBC) hiding behind a trade name - IS the establishment. It is the state pushing out its propaganda. It must, and will, be resisted.

Not quite, anyone who remembers Norman Tebbit referring to it as the 'Bolshevik Broadcasting Corporation' at the height of Thatcher's power knows that simply isn't true. Anyone who remembers Alistair Campbell going berserk at them at the height of the Blair years knows that isn't true. The BBC's independence has been proven time and again. The BBC has offended every shade of opinion and interest group. Has Sky or Fox ever offended the right wing?

Question Time faces bias charge after audiences are 'hostile' towards Government cuts

By Gerri Peev

The BBC has again been accused of political bias by ensuring Question Time has audiences ‘hostile’ to government cuts. This week’s show was broadcast from the Labour stronghold of Middlesbrough, where 43 per cent of the workforce is employed in the public sector. Many viewers were shocked at how much hostility was heaped on Philip Hammond, the Transport Secretary, during the show.

Next week the debate will be held in the Tory-free zone of Glasgow, while the following week it is due in Sheffield, where fury has raged since the election that an £80million government loan for a local steel plant, Sheffield Forgemasters, was cancelled by the Coalition.

During Thursday’s debate, Mr Hammond was met with a wall of opposition every time he tried to explain why the Government had to rein in the country’s burgeoning deficit. One observer told the Mail that he was shocked at the level of hostility towards the government.

‘They are taking some tough decisions on the deficit but the level of attack from the audience was off the scale.

Transport Secretary Philip Hammond was given a hard time on this week's Question Time in Middlesbrough. 'At one point he urged people not to talk the North East down, and even that was met with a roar from the crowd.’

In contrast, Green MP, Caroline Lucas, received rapturous applause every time she suggested the Government should scrap its plans for cuts.

After the audience grilling, a BBC producer was overheard telling Sir Richard Dannatt, a panellist and the former head of the Army, that the show was held in Middlesbrough because the audience would be the most hostile to the cuts. A Conservative source said: ‘Now, more than ever, is the time for the BBC to be careful and frame the debate responsibly so that the facts are properly heard. The spending review is a serious topic for all of us, it needs to be treated as such.’

The BBC has faced frequent claims of Left-wing bias. Unions recently called two strikes designed to black out coverage of the Tory conference and Mr Osborne’s spending review speech. But they were called off following protests from a string of political journalists that the walk-outs would wreck the corporation’s claim to be ‘impartial’. A BBC spokesman said: ‘The Question Time audience holds politicians from all sides to account.’

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1323032/Question-Time-faces-bias-charge-audiences-hostile-Government-cuts.html#ixzz13Bbi3iPe

Could it be that most cities and town are generally Tory free or Tory lite? When QT broadcasts from Chipping Norton, Upper Missenden or Tunbridge Wells we'll see a different type of audicence.

I think we've all agree'd that there is room for improvement.

The improvement would need to be dramatic; maybe a new computer system, I mean, there's only so much a ZX Spectrum and a few microdrives can do:D. 'cause that's where most of the problems seem to stem from - computer generated letters:(.

Is that another program to add to your list.. of three?

I have provided firm evidence that proves conclusively that you are incompetent when it comes to understanding a report. I suspect that the majority of your posts are equally flawed. Please remove the BBC blinkers.

Why don't you believe that the 1.3 million properties classed as 'evaders' by the BBC/TV Licensing ARE ACTUALLY NOT licence fee evaders?

Because some people don't appear to have any issues, and thus the TVL do not believe they're evading, otherwise they would.

Do you have evidence to prove this? I think not.

The tesimony of some of the posters on this and the others threads is good enough for me.

I haven't seen any evidence to suggest that problems that have been highlighted happen in the majority of cases.

As Mr.Prime said, when you have 1.3m people up in arms you'll see poll tax sized demonstrations, then my view may change.

I have provided firm evidence that proves conclusively that you are incompetent when it comes to understanding a report. I suspect that the majority of your posts are equally flawed.

Such a shame you didn't respond to the majority of them in the other threads then isn't it.

Please remove the BBC blinkers.

There are no blinkers, the vast majority of respondents think the BBC is a good thing, as do I.

Not quite, anyone who remembers Norman Tebbit referring to it as the 'Bolshevik Broadcasting Corporation' at the height of Thatcher's power knows that simply isn't true.

Wrong again, Mr. Prime. BBC Director General Mark Thompson has admitted the corporation was guilty of a 'massive' Left-wing bias in the past - specifically during the Thatcher years. A time when Norman Tebbit was in parliament.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1308215/Yes-BBC-biased-Mark-Thompson-admits-massive-lean-Left.html#ixzz13CEH99NQ

The improvement would need to be dramatic; maybe a new computer system, I mean, there's only so much a ZX Spectrum and a few microdrives can do:D. 'cause that's where most of the problems seem to stem from - computer generated letters:(.

Indeed. Manic miner loads quick tho ;)