The blonde woman at the train station who is begging megathread

On Sunday two friends and I went to the taxi rank at Sheffield Train Station. A blonde thin white girl was in there. She had an umberella and a large handbag with her. She looked quite normal....

She span us this story about losing her purse whilst shopping in Sheffield and now couldn't get home on the last national express. We were a bit suspicious but falling for it all the same and we thought of every solution we could to not have to give her any money. She was brilliant and had an answer for everything.

I told her to get her sister to book a hotel room for her - because rather than beg that is what I would do.... then we went away.

We felt really guilty for not helping more until we heard from a friend that he had met the same girl and given her £20 a few nights before with the exact same story!!!

On Sunday two friends and I went to the taxi rank at Sheffield Train Station. A blonde thin white girl was in there. She had an umberella and a large handbag with her. She looked quite normal....

She span us this story about losing her purse whilst shopping in Sheffield and now couldn't get home on the last national express. We were a bit suspicious but falling for it all the same and we thought of every solution we could to not have to give her any money. She was brilliant and had an answer for everything.

I told her to get her sister to book a hotel room for her - because rather than beg that is what I would do.... then we went away.

We felt really guilty for not helping more until we heard from a friend that he had met the same girl and given her £20 a few nights before with the exact same story!!!

Ive heard from other people that she hangs aroud the station a lot,with the same old story. Just glad you didnt fall for it.

Someone fitting that description knocked on my door at 10pm one night not long ago and span me a similar story. As it happened I had no money in the house but why on earth would someone be wondering round Walkley at that time of night asking for a couple of quid? If you really were in a similar situation would you not just make your way to a Police Station?

Why the hell would you give ANYONE £20 in these circumstances

There are mechanisms in place to get people home on public transport in these circumstances. anyone that had a answer to any scenario put forward evidently isnt in distress and if i lost my purse/wallet i wouldnt really be thinking straight.

Parasites like Gemma (from the description it sounds like her,if not then god forbid there are 2 of them now) are pure unadulterated scum who dont deserve the air that they breathe.

And before any of the nappy wearing do-gooders come on saying im being very inhuman and we should support the bugs of society who feed off honest people then whilst you are entitled to your view, you are the kind of people who want to let shoplifters, sorry i mean people committing a criminal act, off if they mumble "sorry" from underneath their hoodies and provide no deterrent at all for criminals

Some people feed off decent people because they are parasites and they would be better off exterminated.

I remember her from when I went to see sheff utd away at spurs night match, I got back to sheffield about 2/3 I was waiting for the train to chesterfield so I waited at the national express waiting room, I waited outside I she came to me and said that same story, that she came to sheffield to go to meadowhall for the day and lost her purse and needed to get back home to nottingham, I said no cos I never really give money away to things like this and I never would if it was true or not there are always other things around it, anyway when I said no she went towards the train station and 2 interchange staff walked past me look at the woman and said "its her from the barnsley college back again".

this girl has been hanging round sheffield train station for years, iv been driving for like 4 years now, but i used to catch a train every day,

Im posotive it will be the same girl, i used to be asked for change for a train, or a cigarette etc. I found it quite intimidating esspecially at night, she must have got a bigger habit now, from wanting change to £20, id give her nothing at all

Some people feed off decent people because they are parasites and they would be better off exterminated.

I blame society as a whole for their unpleasant possition, what else can they do ?

You should show more compassion.

If its the same girl(which it seems to be from description) she is a drug addict. I once refused to give her money at the bottom of The Moor, and she threatened to " Get me one dark night". :gag:

Yep - she stung me and my friends for a few quid a year ago after we got back from a festival in the early hours of the morning. She was very convincing and had a perfectly reasonable answer to our questions. Grrrrrrr.

cant she be "removed" by the council or train station security?it seems rediculous that she is allowed to harass people and con them into giving her money-she has been at this for years, she must be known.........................

(image of me shaking my head)

The thing about this girl is that what she is doing is very dangerous. I would not be surprised if she is found strangled in some dark corner one night.

Sad but most probably true!

I blame society as a whole for their unpleasant possition, what else can they do ?

You should show more compassion.

I would rather show her the cliffs at scarborough (lets face it if she gets £20 off someone she can afford the train fare there) and encourage her to keep walking.

you tell me nick what exactly we should do with her that will

a) be appreciated by her

b) be used by her

c) encourage to stop being a begging parasite harrassing honest hard working taxpaying people (oh and students too)

d) get her off the streets and keep her off

e) cure her "habit" (if she has one, if not then where is the money going)

f) improve her manners

I woudl love to know your views instead of saying "show more compassion", she doesnt want compassion, she wants easy money and is not prepared to work for it.

I regard to your throw away comment - what else can they do

try;

a) Get off the streets even into a hostel providing a fixed address so they can then

b) Get a job providing a salary enabling them to

c) not harass people for money in train stations then be abusive when non is forth coming and possibly

d) working may encourage them to be decent members of society, take responsibility for their actions and clean up their act

your views and thoughts are invited, unfortunately i will not be at a pc now until after the weekend from 5.00 tonight so dont take my silence in responding to be a refusal to respond