The blonde woman at the train station who is begging megathread

I wonder if it was a forum member he conned for the money for the fatal fix !

And thats another valid reason to be careful when giving out money. Which is why its always best say if they are asking for food (buy them food). Asking for a trip home then if you want to donate buy them the ticket home. If they are genuinely wanting something then they will accept it with open arms. If they are not then you will get abuse but at least you are not enabling an addiction.

A genuine person would not be begging !

I totally agree Particia. :)

I cannot believe the op fell for this.! Maybe it's a male ego thing that he's helping a lady in distress. Would a woman fall for this con trick ?

It's sad but the best way to deal with beggars is to growl and never give them anything. It's not helping matters giving money for drink or drugs dependency.

It's sad but the best way to deal with beggars is to growl and never give them anything. It's not helping matters giving money for drink or drugs dependency.

I agree but if people do want to give them something give them what they are asking for rather than money. ie if they want food buy them food. If they want bus fair. Offer to buy their ticket for them. I guess as soon as you do that if they are genuine they will take it with open arms. If they are not they will either give you abuse or walk off.

I remember a funny beggar at the station a year or so ago. Some guy came up to me saying he'd accidentally left his dog in Birmingham train station, and needed some money to go back and get it.

I nodded and walked on.