What to feed a sick dog

Strix

We went with the tuna and rice - with a few peas, coz I heated too many for mine :rolleyes:

He wolfed it down, and decided that he could tackle the biscuits he had earlier rejected

Just for added beagleness :suspect: he said he would bite me if I tried to give him medecine :mad: He spat out the first shot, so I scraped up the paste and wiped it on his nose so he had to lick it off, then had a right royal battle with the rest. After we'd finished wrestling, he went to inspect the rug where he'd spat the stuff out, and licked up the residue :loopy::roll:

We went with the tuna and rice - with a few peas, coz I heated too many for mine :rolleyes:

He wolfed it down, and decided that he could tackle the biscuits he had earlier rejected

Just for added beagleness :suspect: he said he would bite me if I tried to give him medecine :mad: He spat out the first shot, so I scraped up the paste and wiped it on his nose so he had to lick it off, then had a right royal battle with the rest. After we'd finished wrestling, he went to inspect the rug where he'd spat the stuff out, and licked up the residue :loopy::roll:

Haha thats SO typical! Sounds very familiar!

Ive always heard that chicken & rice is best for dogs, but as that's not an option for Brude I think that rice with tuna or eggs is a good choice

I shan't give you the gory details, but the vet said he is to have 'bland food'

Strix,

Sorry to hear about your dog. On the bright side, there are many outlets for the bland food he requires.

May I suggest a trip to any Brewsters Family Pub should fulfil his dietary requirements.