Rembering World War One, where's the Queen?

Well! a Big Service at Westminster, Cameron will be there job lot but not the Queen, she has sent Sonny boy Charlie along instead, what an Insult to the all the Fallen, well after all I can see her point, it's not that Importantant these people only LOST their lives fighting for KING AND COUNTRY, my God people need to look at this Arrogant Royal Family, if it hadn't have been for the Brave who fought and lost their lives there wouldn't be a Royal Family. I can't stand em.:rant::gag:

Remind me again how old the Queen is?

Also, for your edification, she will be attending a service at Crathie in Scotland. The Royals are all attending various events all over the place today...

Her Majesty The Queen will attend a service of commemoration at Crathie Kirk.

HRH The Duke of Edinburgh will attend a service of commemoration at Sandringham Church.

HRH The Duke of Rothesay (as The Prince of Wales is known in Scotland) will attend a national service of commemoration for the Commonwealth in Glasgow, followed by a wreath laying in George Square.

HRH The Duchess of Cornwall will attend the Vigil of Prayer service in Westminster Abbey.

HRH The Duke Cambridge, accompanied by HRH The Duchess of Cambridge, will attend a service of remembrance hosted by the Government of Belgium at Liege. TRHs will subsequently travel to St Symphorien Military Cemetery, a Commonwealth War Graves Commission cemetery in Mons, Belgium, for a UK commemorative event.

HRH Prince Henry of Wales will attend the "Step Short" commemorative event in Folkestone. Prince Henry will subsequently join The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge at St Symphorien Military Cemetery in Mons.

HRH The Duke of York will attend a service of commemoration at St Anne's Cathedral in Belfast.

HRH The Earl of Wessex, accompanied by HRH The Countess of Wessex, will attend a service of commemoration at Guildford Cathedral.

HRH The Princess Royal will attend a service of commemoration in the WWI memorial chapel in Carisbrooke Castle on the Isle of Wight.

HRH The Duke of Kent will formally open the photographic street gallery "Fields of Battle - Lands of Peace 14-18", in St James’s Park, London.

HRH The Duke of Gloucester, accompanied by HRH The Duchess of Gloucester, will attend a service of commemoration in Llandaff Cathedral in Cardiff.

Well! a Big Service at Westminster, Cameron will be there job lot but not the Queen, she has sent Sonny boy Charlie along instead, what an Insult to the all the Fallen, well after all I can see her point, it's not that Importantant these people only LOST their lives fighting for KING AND COUNTRY, my God people need to look at this Arrogant Royal Family, if it hadn't have been for the Brave who fought and lost their lives there wouldn't be a Royal Family. I can't stand em.:rant::gag:

She is very old, perhaps she is too unwell to attend. Can you elucidate your claim that without the war dead there wouldn't be a Royal family please? You have just made that up, people who make things up to support a ridiculous view just look stupid.

She is very old, perhaps she is too unwell to attend. Can you elucidate your claim that without the war dead there wouldn't be a Royal family please? You have just made that up, people who make things up to support a ridiculous view just look stupid.

If she too old she should retire, and do think if the Germans had won there would still let the royals rule, NO! and you would now be speaking and writing in German.:loopy:

If she too old she should retire, and do think if the Germans had won there would still let the royals rule, NO! and you would now be speaking and writing in German.:loopy:

Ah yes it's the school holidays of course :D

History lessons for you when you get back !

Thank you for your well thought out and thoroughly researched rant. Is there any other subject you feel the need to make yourself look a fool in?

---------- Post added 04-08-2014 at 10:26 ----------

I presume we ARE talking WW! here? If we had lost the war in France they would still have had to invade the UK in order to remove the royal family.

We can all speculate what would have happened had we lost WW1. There would of course been no WW2 for a start. Would you like to consult your crystal ball to inform us what else would have changed?

But on the plus side we would never have had the Second World War.

Swings and roundabouts :|

If she too old she should retire

The Queen is doing her bit for the remembrance as is most of her family.

I'm taking a party of Scouts to a remembrance event until 11pm tonight. I'm sure that many others on here are also planning something meaningful.

So the question is, what are you doing - apart from having an ill informed frothy at the mouth political rant?