When does your 'cycle' return to normal?

How long after having a baby does it normally take for your periods to return to normal? I thought it would be back to normal after about 6 weeks?

i wouldnt worry about it mine as never got back to normal:thumbsup:

check the tyres have enough air in them make sure your lights are clean and your cycle should be ok to ride again :thumbsup:

Isn't if fairly normal for it to take about 6 to 9 months?

It depends if you're breastfeeding. Breastfeeding generally stops your cycle returning to normal...I think I started getting there about a month after I stopped breastfeeding - 7 months.

as above, don't worry about it as it is different for everyone. Breastfeeding does extend the time but not always. It might also be worth keeping in mind that even if your periods have not returned you are highly fertile for around 3 months after giving birth.

As the above posters have suggested, the time does vary from woman to woman and can be affected by breast feeding, so don't worry if you feel that yours aren't right yet. But BE WARNED, unless you want another nappy event always use precautions.

If you have any concerns about your 'cycle' discuss it with your health advisor just to put you mind at rest.

With son 1 I didnt get a period until 13months but son 2 I got it at 7 months (I felt kind of cheated that it came back so early:hihi:) - both were breastfed. As other posters have said its different for everyone and it would seem different babies:D

i have to say mine have only just returned to normal over the past few months ,up intil then i couldnt really calculate as they ranged from 3 weeks up to 6 weeks my daughter is now 4 so its took about 3 yrs. if you are worried see your health visitor.

i did breastfeed for about 9 months so dont know if this has any bearing?????

Thanks for all your help. It's great to have a place like this where I don't feel an idiot asking questions.

If you breastfeed it can be years. My youngest was 16 months old when I became pregnant with this little one, and I hadn't had any periods at that point. I know many other mummies who have gone on 2 years plus.

i bottle fed, and bled 4 6weeks solid, had 3days off and then started back to normal. if ur worried ask ur HV - just make sure ur getting lots of fruit/veg in u! good luck x