Biodegradable bin liners

Does anyone know where I can buy biodegradable bin liners in Sheffield? I need large ones for a 2.5 feet high kitchen bin and smaller ones for one foot high lounge-style bins.

I'm quite conscious about recycling and I compost a lot of waste, but it niggles me slightly that I'm currently wrapping my rubbish up in something that won't biodegrade.

I didnt know you could get biodegradable ones, but if you can, I would be interested too.

I don't know of anywhere that sells them in Sheffield, but this company does them by mail order. I found them the other day whilst looking for degradable doggy poo bags.

Hi, I'm sure I noticed that Asda were selling them when I was browsing their on-line shopping website. If you've never been on the site before, paste this in your browser http://www.asda.com/asda_shop/sys/web_sys01_b_initialise.jsp and use the 'Take a look' button in the bottom left hand corner. You can then browse the aisles without registering. There should be a search field where you can type in 'bio-degradable' or 'bin liners'. I was quite interested too, about time these were available! Happy hunting.

Tesco have them online too..

I'm not sure if they have them instore, I'll have a look tonight.. :D

Got a feeling Sainsburys do them.

OOps, amendment... just checked the Asda website myself, they're Degradable not Bio-degradable. They do them in 10's and 20's but couldn't see sizes.

The Tesco on Infirmary Road and the Morrisons on Penistone Road DON'T do them. In fact I asked in the Morrisons and the shop lad laughed at me.

I've bought them before from Tesco on Infirmary Road.

Very good, perhaps the were just low on stock last time I went in - thanks for the update : )

Sainsburys DEFINITELY do them. You can either buy them online or I know they have them in the one that is a 5 minute drive from Ecclesall Rd, next to the big Tescos- Abbeydale Road???

In the old days it would be easier to not use a bag at all, rinse the bin out when you empty it - but most new bins have holes in the bottom now for some reason...