What do you think of our Mods and Admin on Sf?

WHAT DO YOU THINK OF OUR MODS/ADMIN ON OUR SF?  

129 members have voted

1. 1. WHAT DO YOU THINK OF OUR MODS/ADMIN ON OUR SF?

• DOING A GOOD JOB?
    • ARE VERY STRICT
    • TOO SOFT
    • NOT SURE, DONT CARE

Some people must be VERY easily frightened :hihi:

I've had 7 bans - what about you?

StarSparkle

None...but it still doesn't stop me worrying, for example, about the Immigration thread that mysteriously disappeared a couple of weeks ago after you had received repeated warnings but when you finally screamed for it all to be deleted, it was.

or your chum, who seems to be the only person on the forum who can get away with calling people "arseholes" and trolling threads about helping the mentally handicapped.

You've had 7 bans yet you are still tolerated? How is that? :)

I don't need to - I'm not making a contentious claim. And stop using that ridiculous smiley - it makes you come across like a schoolkid.

im sure sum have said the same claims please have ago at them as well:cool::cool::cool:

dennistowler, you see, there we go again with half baked stories that get propogated elsewhere yet have no truth.

Which immigration thread would you like? Here is a selection of one or two such threads. Despite claims to the contrary there is no censorship of any subject on SF. There are a few threads that have been removed because they decended into uneditable slanging matches, and there are many posts that have been removed because they are unsavoury, incite hatred, encourage bigotry or are plain illegal.

As for miniminch - he's currently banned... again. Hardly favouritism. :)

We'll let this thread run for a while, then I'll close it. Thanks to everyone for the input so far.

Hmmm Tony

a) Mini isn't banned

b) The thread I was referring to isn't in your list

c) I'll PM as per your request earlier in the thread

SHOULD there be rules for mods then, wot you seem to be saying is sum mods are a bit hard! and sum are soft! but surely they should all be the same after all we SForums have to obey by the rules well so should the MODs

You should have been at my workplace tonight, to see real life differences between hard and soft fairness by different managers.

And they are paid.:rolleyes:

In a forum environment of this size there will be conflict, some of the 'staff' enjoy the status but most will play it by the rule book.

Overall I think they do well under the circumstances :)

MODS: ban this guy^^^, he gave me a cold.:hihi:

Hmmm Tony

a) Mini isn't banned

b) The thread I was referring to isn't in your list

c) I'll PM as per your request earlier in the thread

Sorry, I'm not Tony. But I'll try and answer your questions.

Mini was banned on September 30 for two days. His ban is up now, so he's free to post. Most people (and I include myself in this) would secretly love to see someone they dislike banned for no reason except that they irritate us, but wouldn't like one of their friends given a ban for the same reason. That's just human nature.

Regarding your missing thread, a particular thread may be "lost" when it's merged, and as such, may be near impossible to locate in it's original form again. Sorry about that.

We try our best to accomodate everyone, but sometimes we fall short.

:) Sierra

The moderators do a good job under trying conditions to keep everybody inline with the rules of the forum.It can be very hard to please everybody as this is a forum open to all certain social nicities have to be followed such no swearing ,no racial attacks on anybody,in other words argue all you want to but do so as if you were debating in front of young children as you do not know who will read your posts.Personal attacks on posters that you do not agree with do not reinforce a point of view it shows a negative side of your character.Some who post a witty or mildly sacastic remark can be looked on as an attempt to lighten up the mood of a thread which looks like becoming overheated, some people are very good at this no names mentioned but keep up the good work.

Thanks to the Mods we more or less can post a point of view that represents our thoughts on this forum.

lostsoul

Which immigration thread would you like? Here is a selection of one or two such threads. Despite claims to the contrary there is no censorship of any subject on SF.

We'll let this thread run for a while, then I'll close it. Thanks to everyone for the input so far.

That linky doesn't work....it just comes up a no matches found.....is this a conspiracy......am I being excluded from something......*would insert paranoia smiley but there isn't one!*

No it's not a conspiracy :) As Sierra says above it's possible that the thread has been 'lost' at some time. I'm having a look as we speak to see if I can find out what happened for dennistowler.

After reading an earlier post on this thread mentioning a forum for masochists, I think that I now understand where the SF mods are recruited from... Trying to please everybody on a high-traffic forum such as this one can be a very painful task at times!

In a well-run forum the members see only the tip of the iceberg, the spams, scams, hate-posts... and worse... emanating from the darker side of human nature are generally hidden from view... Appreciate the fact that this forum is kept fit for human consumption, meaning members are spared the work of having to sort through the garbage to find worthwhile reading material... It's all done for you!

I think some are ban happy. This is a freedom of speech country yet i was banned twice by joe p.