Sign in to follow this  

House Improvements Arbourthorne

House Improvements Arbourthorne

Currently they are improving all council houses in the arbourthorne area. they are giving them Double Glazing, House Rendered, Fencing etc.

I own my house on the arbourthorne, and a friend of a friend does. They say someone form the council has been round to their house and have offered to give them double glazing on the front, house rendered, and fencing.

Does anybody know if ther are doing this for home owners in the arbourthorne? Are they going to do it for everyone?

Thanks,

M

Why would anybody offer you something for nothing???? :suspect:

By knocking on your door???:suspect: :suspect:

In some parts of Sheffield they have been giving home-owners double glazing and front fences. I think it is a scheme to improve certain areas. I know they did some streets at Sharrow a couple of years ago.

This is a scheme that will eventually go city-wide and is being run by a company called the Lovell Partnership. They've won a £200 million contract from Sheffield City Council to refurbish council houses under the government's decent homes programme.

As they're quite a large construction company, they have their finger in various pies and one of them is offering the same refurbishment to private home owners.

MarkB, try popping over to the Arbourthorne Centre on Edenhall Road and see if they can help. They should have info on the masterplan, thou I don't think it's wholly sorted yet. It's quite possible that owned houses may also get face lifts, as the whole point is to regenerate the whole area. If you don't have any joy, let me know and I'll see what else I can find out.

Cosy

I have made some phonecalls and currently they have a grant to cover for up to the next two years. Within this money they are offering Home-Owners a free face lift - yes this is Rendering/pebbledash, Front Windows(double Glazing), Fencing aound the front of house, and driveways sorting out.

After this grant they will be applying for another to carry on the work, if they get it they will do the same.

They are currently working on Erskine Road area and they said arbourthonre rd area will probably be late 2005/2006. Hopefully they will get another grant and I will get the free doubleglazing and re-rendering.:clap::hihi:

Originally posted by MarkB

Within this money they are offering Home-Owners a free face lift - yes this is Rendering/pebbledash, Front Windows(double Glazing), Fencing aound the front of house, and driveways sorting out.

Hopefully they will get another grant and I will get the free doubleglazing and re-rendering.:clap::hihi:

Have I understood this correctly? People bought council houses at a massive discount, and now the council are going to fit new windows? :suspect:

Originally posted by Andy

Have I understood this correctly? People bought council houses at a massive discount, and now the council are going to fit new windows? :suspect:

Correct. They are doing this to make the whole area look nice. They don't want the odd house standing out and making it look ****.

By the way - i didn't but my house at a massive discounted price!

I was a little worried when i heard they were doing all council houses up but now I welcome it. Knowing my house ig going to get it aswell :D

is this going to happen on all council estates or just certain ones.

does anyone know if the wisewood is going to qualify

Originally posted by roughy101

is this going to happen on all council estates or just certain ones.

does anyone know if the wisewood is going to qualify

All i know is that they are doing arbourthorne - sorry.

Originally posted by MarkB

Correct. They are doing this to make the whole area look nice. They don't want the odd house standing out and making it look ****.

I welcome it. Knowing my house ig going to get it aswell :D

If you own your home surely you should pay to keep it in good condition, not expect the council to do it for you.

My car needs repairing. Will the council pay for that? :rant:

I could do with some extra money. Seeing as though I'm being discriminated against for not owning a home I'll have a cheque thanks......:mad: