Family Trees (any interesting ancestors)

Ive just started to research my family tree and was wondering if anybody had found any interesting ancestors whilst researching their own family.

My 2nd Great Grandfather's sister married Luigi QUAGLIENI - owner of Quaglieni's Circus Royal, which performed in Sheffield at the time of the 1871 Census.

Also my wife is descended from Charles Wesley PAYNE, a member of the Fisk Jubilee Singers in 1896. He later appeared in a group called 'The Black Troubadours.' The group performed under various other names over the years: 'Louisiana Troubadours', 'Black-Udel Quartet', 'Louisiana Trio', to name a few. They performed in Sheffield in February 1902 as 'Coloured Meisters',

My grandmother was related to James Hammett Of the Tol puddle martyrs he was sent to Australia for starting a Union in about 1840. The other one was Bet Davies the Film star goes back to 1700 something. The third one was Sir Samual Gillott he went to Autralia and was in the goverment.

I know that if I go up, across a bit, then down a bit, I'm related to Steve Clarke, the dead guitarist from Def Leppard.

Related to Steve Clarke.....now THAT's impressive! What a loss to the rock world he was. If I remember rightly from my Def Leppard video collection, the Sheffield members originated from the Tapton area, didn't they?

Through tracing my tree, I've found and begun regular contact via EM with my second cousin once removed.

He was born in Manchester, but now lives in Denver, Colorado, USA, and for many years now, he's been a jazz and blues musician.

Here's his website:

Welcome to David Booker's website

He's a brilliant bloke, really funny, and friendly, and compassionate. We've spoken once on the phone, and got on extremely well. As well as being a recording artist, he performs live gigs and DJ's on a local radio station periodically:

Jazz 89

Archived