Special care baby unit, Jessops Wing - A personal thank you

It's not really possible to put into words the emotions your family are going through at the moment.... you have Kieran to celebrate but Joel to grieve for...and it's important you keep the balance.

I give monthly to Tommys campaign through my salary because I feel 'lucky' that I had 3 full term healthy babies.

When I hear of situations like yours I really want to help and therefore a further donation is on it's way to 'Joel' and his memory.

I pray that Kieran continues to 'thrive' and his story eases the pain of your loss for Joel.

x

Hi Mark and Janet,

i'm so saddened by your loss. Finding the right words is so hard but I'm sure everone who has read your thread is praying that your little boy,Kieran grows stronger day by day. He sounds like a brave little soldier, a real fighter.

Stay strong and give our love and best wishes to your family x x x x

Oh Mark, i've just sen this post for the first time, so sorry about baby Joel. I hope Kieran is ok and fighting every day, we've had experiences with SCBU too with my sisters kiddies, they are a great bunch. Keep us all informed xx

The SCBU is a great cause and helps thousands of families each year if not hundreds of thousands which is why i wan't to do something positive in Joels Memory to raise money for it.

I have plenty of ideas to raise money for the SCBU And SANDS and hopefully if/when kieran comes out of Hospital then i can do alot of work raising money for both the charitys.

As for Little Kieran today he is doing abit better Today which is Encouraging but there is still along way to go and we are just taking things one day at a time and all we can hope for is that he goes from strength to strength.

Also a big thanks to everyone for the Kind and supportive messages from me and Janet and our familys it's much appreciated by all of us.

Mark

Hi

Have been reading this thread a great deal I hope this helps .My daughter was born at 29 weeks at 2 pounds, she is now a beautiful 5 foot 9 and brilliant.It is so hard and a difficult journey she was in hospital for 4 months ....... believe me its worth the heart ache. Prayers with you all xx

Sorry forgot to say she is 16 not a very strange 2 year old x:hihi:

Kieran Joel Redfern-Larden Born3/9/07 to 28/9/07:(

I am very sad to inform you all off the Sudden Death of my son Kieran he passed away this Afternoon due to a Blod clot in his brain they had to operate it was our only option we had no other choice otherwise he would have been even worse and sadly it didn't make a difference but at least i know he won't suffer any pain now.:(

I don't no what to say to You all Tonight but all i can say is words cannot describe how me and Janet are feeling at the moment it's the worst pain ever again:(

On Behalf of myself and Janet i would like To thank all the team that works at Jessops for all the care and Attention that they have showed towards me and Janet throughout our stay it was nothing short of first class and i cannot praise them all highly enough they are all top top people and i and Janet felt quite privilaged to have know such great people.

I Don't think Me or Janet could have got through Today if it wasn't for all the explaining and understanding that Dr Simon Clark at Jessops showed today and i would just to thank him publically and and be doing so recognise all the hard work he put in trying to help Kieran.

I would also like to Thank the Neuroligist Dr sourabh sinha and Mr Mc Mullan at the Childrens Hospital who tried there best to save my little boys life and for that i am very greatful.

Me and Janet and our familys would like to thank you all for your Great Support it's ment alot to us over this very sad month and i can't thank you all enough it's really nice to know that there is such caring compassionate people out there.

I will add finally that once i feel up to i will still go ahead with raising as much money as possible for the SANDS charity and The SCBU in both my little lads memorys now.

Thanks for Taking the Time to read this message.

Mark

oh, god, m^rk. how terrible.

many sympathies to you and the missus.

RIP Kieran XXX

Mark and Janet,

Has if you hadn't had enough heart ache - I'm so sorry to hear this news tonight. I can't imagine how you are feeling. I'm so shocked and saddened by this. Please accept my sincere condolences.

Good night and god bless little Kieran, R.I.P. brave little man.

Mark,

I'm so so very sorry.

I'll be thinking about you both tonight.

Stagey x

Mark and Janet,

Has if you hadn't had enough heart ache - I'm so sorry to hear this news tonight. I can't imagine how you are feeling. I'm so shocked and saddened by this. Please accept my sincere condolences.

Good night and god bless little Kieran, R.I.P. brave little man.

Thanks Footie

To be 100% honest with you it feels like our hearts have been ripped out all over again we are totally devastated and nothing will ever replace our little sleeping Angels but we will always remember them in our hearts and minds.

And we will also remember them both by doing something positive in there memorys when the time is right for us by doing some charity work but we have to sort ourselves out first and rebuild our lives.

To me in my heart and mind i will always have 3 sons 2 i can't see but they will be in my heart and mind.

I have to be strong for my little lad Leon and janet aswell because they need me it's up to me to try and take responsibility and make sure they are ok i will do everything i can for them.

Mark

So very sorry. :(

Wishing you both strength at this most difficult time.

RIP little angels Joel Steven Redfern-Larden and Kieran Joel Redfern-Larden.