Has anyone ever seen someone for when things get too much?

You mention you are 19, are you at uni? If so the Unis (Uni of Sheffield definately) have a free counselling service and it might be faster than a referral from your GP, also it means that they are used to talking through problems that are common to students, like debt or exam stress and all the other problems that go along with it, so if you are having any of these types of problems then they might be a good place to start.

Hi, No i'm not a student, i work full time.

I don't have any debts, its just some things i have experienced and i think the shock of it all is creeping up on me due to having another trauma.

I have seen a counsellor and am also a trained counsellor! A good counsellor should be non-judgmental, empathic and help you see things more clearly and find new perspectives on your difficluties. They should rarely advise you. It's about helping you develop your own resources so you are empowered to make your own choices (which are likely to be better than anyone can advise you upon because you know yourself better than anyone). Mind in Sheffield might be another place to enquire at and they may also be able to offer you some free counselling (http://www.sheffieldmind.co.uk/)

I have seen a counsellor and am also a trained counsellor! A good counsellor should be non-judgmental, empathic and help you see things more clearly and find new perspectives on your difficluties. They should rarely advise you. It's about helping you develop your own resources so you are empowered to make your own choices (which are likely to be better than anyone can advise you upon because you know yourself better than anyone). Mind in Sheffield might be another place to enquire at and they may also be able to offer you some free counselling (http://www.sheffieldmind.co.uk/)

Thank you. I will check that out.

I don't have any debts, its just some things i have experienced and i think the shock of it all is creeping up on me due to having another trauma.

Someone very close in my family, was diagnosed as having Post Traumatic Stress disorder after traumatic events catching up with them and being very depressed for a while. They were referred for counselling due to life being too much and got help needed.

They have come a million miles is last few years, go for it, you deserve your life back. Good luck XXXXX:)

If it is post traumatic stress it is important that you sort it out now because if left unresolved it could have dramatic consequences for the rest of your life. Unlike grief, which usually has a way of working itself out of your system PTSD can become like a loop and you can continue to keep reliving it. I experienced it after losing twins and through not been given time to recover properly. I found it very hard to deal with but it becomes even harder the longer you leave it so I would advice seeing a professional.

If it is post traumatic stress it is important that you sort it out now because if left unresolved it could have dramatic consequences for the rest of your life. Unlike grief, which usually has a way of working itself out of your system PTSD can become like a loop and you can continue to keep reliving it. I experienced it after losing twins and through not been given time to recover properly. I found it very hard to deal with but it becomes even harder the longer you leave it so I would advice seeing a professional.

I agree, it can get very distructive if left untreated. Its that "loop".

ps. sorry for your loss. x