Franny Jeffers any good?

it is me or will it be a mistake for wednesday to sigh jeffers?

Also do fellow owls fan think that we have taken a step back in the close season, letting McClean go for nothing, letting hills go and left with gilbert and finally playing leon clarke. :loopy:

jeffers was a very good player, dont know wot he is like now tho, hope mr laws can make him the player he once was !!

jeffers was a very good player, dont know wot he is like now tho, hope mr laws can make him the player he once was !!

i really hope so, the new lad hides or is it hydes? looks ok, played well against birmingham, but as far as letting hills go and persisting with gilbert and letting McClean go for what i hear was about wages and £50,000 is utter bad management.

And as for leon clarke , well what can i say ?????

Hinds?

Don't like him at all.

Useless against Halifax, Port Vale, Chesterfield and very average against Birmingham for me.

Don't know how much they will be paying Jeffers compared with what Maclean wanted! Jeffers would most likely be getting more at Blackburn than he would get at SWFC so Maclean's interests were just financial, he wouldn't stay for less money, but Jeffers will.

I'd still rather have kept Maclean, but not on the pretence that he's only staying for money.

Jeffers deserves the benefit of doubt!

He hasn't played regularly in Premier league & as a striker, i know it's hard to get confidence & that extra killer touch that you need!

Arsenal didn't pay £8million for him if he was crap, its just he had lots of strikers ahead of him in the pecking order!

With regular games & at only 26, there's no reason he can't get that form back.

Seems Brunt, Whelan, won't be leaving at all until end of season, so who knows.

I'm trying to be positive! The season is here. Maybe if we signed Kaka & Cannavarro, we would have something to grumble about.

I am with the side of giving him the benefit of the doubt. I do think that Laws has really struggled to replace Maclean and it does seem as if it is a bit of a panic buy with saturday looming, but who knows. It does look as if Brunt will stay, and after watching Jeffers when he was with Ipswich last season, I think with good service (and hopefully no injuries) he could be quite good for us (fingers crossed).

I can't see how signing one of your biggest earners was a panic buy.

Jeffers was a good signing, i can't imagine he's easy to please, so he must want to play as much as getting paid.

it is me or will it be a mistake for wednesday to sigh jeffers?

Also do fellow owls fan think that we have taken a step back in the close season, letting McClean go for nothing, letting hills go and left with gilbert and finally playing leon clarke. :loopy:

I agree about Hills; a far superior and safer player than Gilbert

Letting Hills, Coughlan and McLean go has left us with a weaker squad.Allen castigated Sturrock for wasting money on Graham so I wonder if he'll say owt about Clarke to BL?

letting McClean go

Don't worry about this one fella, the one main attribute for Steve let him down yesterday by missing a penalty. :D

Jeffers was useless when we had him.

Jeffers was useless when we had him.

Well Charlton are a useless team overall