Sheffield Ebay Millionaires....speak out

i dont think the persons username means anything. i/we were at it for about an hour before we found an username that wasn't already taken. I'd buy a jacket off DVDMAN1234*if it seemed realistic and the feedback was good. I can't see a reason for mulitpule usernames. i sell everything from model planes to motorcycle parts to P.C. components under 1 username.

*( made up name by the way. sorry if it's a real name.

does anyone or know anyone that makes a living off e bay?

not just conning people though!

just a query out of interest.

Have just tried to start a new feed but did not know this one was up and running, does any ony know anybody who is making a living on e-bay as I would love to giveit a go, but how does someone selling a book for 99p make any money,as it must cost them that to list it,

Any good advice welcome Skiprat

i am not making a living on ebay but i am using it pretty good to pay off some debt! since january i have made about £1000 profit from selling things on ebay, there are a lots of ways to make money on it,,,

and anyone who works for the tax office yes it is declared and i have a friend who does my books!!!

skiprat if you wanna pm me i can tell ya more

for all budding ebayers, here is a little tool which helps you work out your profit margins, the only problem is it doesnt take into account any charge that arise from paypal.

http://www.netoutpost.f2s.com/auction/

I've turned to ebay because its less hassle then using the ad-mag or doing car boots.....but I've not made millions yet!!

First the only reason people have two names or more on ebay is to bump up the prices, on their own products. fact.

and second more how many of these people claim benefits?

Fact. ebay have listed people that sell prescribed drugs. do they have a licence to do this. i think not.

I've helped setup a few people to sell on ebay as its very cost effective and has a tremendous following.

I cant mention anyones username but ebay is just one tool in the arsenal. Its frowned on to have your own shop linked from ebay and so you can use auto responders to do that for you.

Froogle is free but takes time to setup, Google ads are increasingly expensive but the revenue is instant. Overture smart ads are cheaper but you do not receive as much traffic.

You can earn a decent living from Ebay, its just there is alot of competition. you need to have something unique or cheaper than anyone else. Buying direct from manufacturers in bulk is the only way to survive but you live on a knives edge.

Do you think it is better to start small and build up , or just go for it, how do you get people to look at the stuff you have for sale, and do you charge less then put it on the postage, or do you ask for a fair price and fair postage?, if you have something that cost you a fiver, starting the bidding at 99p would be mad, but you can not put a reserve of less than 50 on it so would you start the bidding at a fiver or gamble, some of these people must be loose money, keep the advice comming, its great.

Skiprat