Are you an atheist?  

346 members have voted

1. 1. Are you an atheist?

• Yes
    • No, I believe in a god(s) and practise a religion
    • No, I believe in a god(s) but am non-practising
    • I'm agnostic
    • Just show me the results!

Plekhanov. I am sick to the back teeth with you. No one can have a decent debate with you. You are impossible.

Grahame dear, Plek is only impossible because he's always right and you are consistently drinking from an empty fountain. Such is life.

I get fed up with you plekhanhov.

Here is a time-line. It is all about politics. Tell me where religion comes into the Algerian conflict.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/811140.stm

That timeline begins after the anti-colonial insurgency referenced in the George Will article you dishonestly selectively quoted in a desperate attempt to back up your losing position ended.

As for 'where religion comes into the Algerian conflict' quite obviously at the point when Islamists attempted to take over the country?

Grahame dear, Plek is only impossible because he's always right and you are consistently drinking from an empty fountain. Such is life.

Back up what you say with facts.

That timeline begins after the anti-colonial insurgency referenced in the George Will article you dishonestly selectively quoted in a desperate attempt to back up your losing position ended.

As for 'where religion comes into the Algerian conflict' quite obviously at the point when Islamists attempted to take over the country?

Now you are just making excuses.

Back up what you say with facts.

Back your religion up with fact, perhaps ?

Back your religion up with fact, perhaps ?

Atheists have nothing. Atheism is about nothing.

Those whom choose to mindlessly follow any religion have nothing. That's why they do it.

Those whom choose to mindlessly follow any religion have nothing. That's why they do it.

You have the cheek to call me mindless when you look at all the information I post to the forum and then compare it with the puny, uninformed, incorrect opinions of the atheists!

Now you are - yet again - being ridiculous Grahame.

As an atheist myself, I have values, scruples and morals. I am sure this applies to most atheists as well.

As far as I am aware, the only thing atheists don't have is.... religion!

Amen to that! :)

You have the cheek to call me mindless when you look at all the information I post to the forum and then compare it with the puny, uninformed, incorrect opinions of the atheists!

What you post on the forum (this thread included) is subject to debate and inquiry. However, when you respond to the questions posed of you, you frequently adopt a number of evasive techniques. These include answering a question that hasn't actually been asked of you; posting irrelevant biblical quotations; becoming abusive towards another poster; stating you are quitting the debate (and promptly returning within a matter of minutes). In fact, the one thing you singularly fail to do is answer a straight forward open question.

On this thread, banesmabe attempted over and over again to seek an answer from you to a perfectly reasonable question. But you consistently evaded it. I suspect that that was because you were aware of your own faulty logic - so the question was best evaded.

I respect your sincerely religious beliefs, however much I disagree with them. I would have hoped that you would show the same degree of tolerance and respect towards my atheistic beliefs. Sadly, there is little prospect of that when, in addition to being abusive towards another poster, you descend into posting "the puny, uninformed, incorrect opinions of the atheists!" My opinions as an atheist are not puny and not uninformed, and I take offence at your accusation.

Grahame: when you can now only name call on this thread, you have indeed lost the argument. In those circumstances, my sincere advice is that you really ought to stick by your word now, and quit.

Atheists have nothing.

Try to think about what you're saying Grahame, for that statement to be accurate there would have to be literally nothing else in life other than theism.

As there are quite obviously many things in life other than theism such as family, friends, bicycles, french hip-hop, fraggle rock, my girlfriend, Studio Ghibli films... it's clearly nonsensical to claim that 'atheists' such as my good self 'have nothing'.

Atheism is about nothing.

Atheism isn't 'about' anything its simply a term which describes the lack of a belief in god/s. Atheistic philosophies such as humanism on the other hand are 'about' lots of things.

Graham, as I recall you have raised the first cause argument and the designer argument. Against the problem of evil you have used the freewill defence and the angels creating evil defence. Each argument I think in fairness has been lost by you.

We can revisit them if you think you won them, I will be happy to repeat the refutations to those arguments.

You have so far ignored my argument that any attempt to prove the existence of God would be destructive to a religion based upon faith, belief and the mystery of the divine. I am interested to know what you think of this ?