Which is the worst boozer? (poll)

Out of these, which is worst?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Out of these, which is worst?

• Prince of Wales Eccy Road South (No atmosphere)
    • Cherry Tree (Decor and customers both ancient)
    • Highcliffe (Chav haven, full of Scum)
    • The Lescar (Dogs on Strings, smells)
    • The Robin Hood, Millhouses. (No character.)
    • The Vine (Full of Scum, filthy, smells)

So your the reason so many pubs have been turned into awful chain clones. It all makes sense now.

Erm, right...ok then. :rolleyes:

Well it seems that you have highlighted a couple of the most popular independent pub's in Sheffield and labelled everyone who drinks in them as scum. Not everyone want's to sit in a pub with a motto of 'nice pubs for nice people' or something similar. I guess given the chance you would change the Vine and the Lescar and I imagine they would be the same as all the others traditional pubs that have been rebranded or closed down.

£100k+ job. You left that & now you are a Civil Servant-some salary drop.:o

Well it seems that you have highlighted a couple of the most popular independent pub's in Sheffield and labelled everyone who drinks in them as scum. Not everyone want's to sit in a pub with a motto of 'nice pubs for nice people' or something similar. I guess given the chance you would change the Vine and the Lescar and I imagine they would be the same as all the others traditional pubs that have been rebranded or closed down.

Actually my favourite pub is the Banner Cross, that is independant. I don't have much time for the generic branded pubs like the Ember Inns chain etc...

I'm not a fan of the Lescar, or the Vine for that matter, it's just my opinion, based on first-hand experience thats all.

I apologise for any offence caused, but I stand by everything I have said.

£100k+ job. You left that & now you are a Civil Servant-some salary drop.:o

i have a couple of businesses that run themselves, and I love the job I do now. I only get £11,500 per annum, but money doesn't matter to me anymore.

In fact I make more now than I did before.

What? Thats a bit childish. I'm new here, is that why people are picking on me?

Wow you seem to be making friend fast elburgero.

To be honest I voted for the highcliff in your poll because out of those listed I feel it of the lowest calibre of venue I would choose to frequent.

However that said I'm not a big fan of the Banner Cross which you appear to be fond of. Not that I would accuse people the drink in there as scum (although i could certainly mention one or two of them as scum).

You may have plenty of public house knowledge and you may well have been an area manager in your time, but you certainly did not pick up many personal interaction skills along your travels.

And now you say you're a civil servant? That goes to show how you manage to spend so much time on a community forum.

Although I doubt they pay you the £100k wage you previously became accustom to.

Think before you speak (or in this case type).

Wow, thats a bit harsh, but each to their own I guess.

BTW, I was a very sucessful publican, and became an area manager, then a consultant for a well known brewery on a 100K+ salary, so I DO know my stuff cheers. :loopy:

And your only 25, you have done well.

:roll:

I've only been to The Robin Hood, but it was very dull, like a funeral home.

I've only been to The Robin Hood, but it was very dull, like a funeral home.

When was this nick? Was this before it was renovated or afterwards? I don't think its dull - its actually buzzing with atmosphere some nights

The Robin Hood has improved massively over the last year.

Jesus some of you need to calm down a bit. I'm pretty sure this was intended as a light hearted thread and some of you are taking it way too personally.

What? Thats a bit childish. I'm new here, is that why people are picking on me?

Yeah, of course you're new. Of course you are :rolleyes:

Troll