Is Towsure still fitting Towbars?

I got onto their website and they said they had to relocate due to damage caused by the floods. What they haven't said is if the place they've moved everything to near Wickes in Rutland way is the place wherethey fit their towbars or it was the place that is temporarily closed. Anyone know?

the holme lane site is still very much closed - water was coming through it in the floods. their warehouse is open down off penistone road - whether they're fitting tow bars I don't know. best ring them in the morning

CCC fit towbars, and they are very good & reasonable price, less than Towsure. Towsure fitted one on my car a couple of years ago and it was badly done, looked a mess and went rusty almost immediately. Then the b&&rds wouldn't remove it when I changed cars, CCC did it for me and I'll go there again for sure.

CCC generally are dearer than towsure and have their STUPID 'loyalty card' scheme - just 'cause we dont own a card', we have to pay more than the next guy (or lady).

surely its fairer to charge everyone the same.

try mobile towbars from beighton .. they are in the book i think .. good rates and they come to ur house .. :)

I agree

I`ve had several Tow bars fitted! The last 2 or 3 maybe more by Mobile Towbar services of Beighton they are excellent can`t fault the workmanship or prices. Plus you don`t even have to leave home, unless of course you need to be at work but still no problem. They`re in the yellow pages.

I've always used Towsure in the past and have found them excellent, much cheaper than other suppliers too. A bloke there called Alan fitted my last one - seemed a walking encyclopedia when it came to towing etc. and did a really good job. If memory serves me right he was a Hull City fan though....!

I haven't got a clue about whether they can still fit towbars at the moment, but guess they might be doing it from their works off the A61 (I think both their steelworks and warehouse are both somewhere between Shalesmoor and Hillsborough).

I dont think they are fitting towbars at the moment, as people have said the shop is closed at the moment due to flood damage, and as I understand it the works where the towbars are manufactured was also damaged by the floods as that is also next to the river!

They are usually pretty competetive regarding prices for fitting. Have you thought of fitting it yourself? Depending on the age of your car, all the fixing points will already be there on the chassis of the car and the Towbar would just bolt to it. I have fitted them my previous 2 cars and they were very easy to do. Wiring on the majority of cars is quite easy too.

If your a competent DIY'er and have spanners and a socket set you'll be fine doing it.

Thamks for the advice. I found Towsure isn't able to fit them at present and CCC would have to order the parts and are fully booked anyway. Thanks for the advice about fitting it ourselves I will look into that as Halfords have all the parts and are cheaper than Towsure and CCC.