"Roger And Out" at the Frog & Parrot

I always remember my fingers sticking to the glass & didn't drink it all cos' my mouth started to go numb & i could hardly stand up.

tch

wuss :P

tch

wuss :P

Lolz..... I can't help it.:blush:

:hihi:

Before Roger had the Frog & Parrot he had the pub on Leopold St, the one you used to go downstaires to, can't remember the name

....Pig and Whistle? (Now the Fountain Bar.)

You're only too right about traditional landlords. They're almost distinct now. There's Tom Boulding of Fagan's who seems to have been at the helm of this fine boozer for absolutely years but all the rest have either moved on or passed on!

It saddens me greatly how the whole industry is slowly decaying. Traditional pubs where drinkers and smokers could simply get on with it (this from a non-smoker), where a pint didn't cost the earth and whatever time you went in there was always a character or two there, including as you say, a traditional landlord (usually supping on a half of ale - it looked better apparently - sat at the end of the bar maybe doing a crossword!).

Distant days. I'd love the Frog and Parrot to revert to even half of the pub it used to be....,

This story reminds me of a pub in London I just happened to walk into when I was stationed in Hounslow during national service. The landlord had a monkey on the bar with it's own miniture pint mug which it dipped into the bar fly's beer at every opportunity finally falling into a coma behind the bar.

This story reminds me of a pub in London I just happened to walk into when I was stationed in Hounslow during national service. The landlord had a monkey on the bar with it's own miniture pint mug which it dipped into the bar fly's beer at every opportunity finally falling into a coma behind the bar.

I love the London street corner pubs, most still keep to the old traditions. (IMO)

If your living in Florida, whats the weather like, you lucky person.:love:

The landlord used to have another brew called 'Rogers rocket fuel', something akin to R & O, In the early 90's the landlord moved to a pub called the clubhouse in Buxton & off into obscurity

Start at the Frog, Get quickly oiled there, Down to Dickens, Stonehouse, Pig, quick one in Dog off to the Golden Ball and then off to Romeos, With Roxy's as a back up in case we couldn't get in.

StJohn

Cincinnati Kid

They also used to have a real Parrot in their if memory serves me right

Hi i'm Roger of Roger and Out reputation.

The Parrot is still alive and well and lives in a purpose built avary in my garden.

His vocab. is still limited but he still has so many different "copy" accents and each day when he greets me he brings back super memories of my days at the Frog

I used to work in the Frog and Parrot in the late 80's.The people who came in were great, but the landlord was a horrid person to work for and very full of himself.

We used to have to wear a very demeaning barmaid's outfit of an old fashioned serving wench.This consisted of green top with puffed sleeves, long checked skirt and serving apron.I used to die a thousand times when someone came in and saw me in that outfit.Had to be there to earn some money to bring up my son.I only worked evenings.Oh God, and did I mention the mob cap we had to wear too?It was the worst.The whole outfit made you look seven sizes bigger than you were.

There did used to be a parrot but it died, which they then replaced with a stuffed one for a while.

Roger and out was served in wine type glasses which were a third of a pint, it was like port and stout mixed.

Quite a few famous faces came to sample the ale, and I did uesd to get invited to a fair few gigs at city hall etc, but meanie old Roger wouldn't ever let me leave early to catch the acts.

Sorry, but I have matured now

I remember the parrot was so stressed out by all the drunken attention it got, it had pecked out most of its feathers. Not surprised it died. Great pub at the time though.

The Parrot did not die

He is still in a big avary at my home

Division Street - Greene King pub.

Frog was a Whitbread Pub

I used to work in the Frog and Parrot in the late 80's.The people who came in were great, but the landlord was a horrid person to work for and very full of himself.

We used to have to wear a very demeaning barmaid's outfit of an old fashioned serving wench.This consisted of green top with puffed sleeves, long checked skirt and serving apron.I used to die a thousand times when someone came in and saw me in that outfit.Had to be there to earn some money to bring up my son.I only worked evenings.Oh God, and did I mention the mob cap we had to wear too?It was the worst.The whole outfit made you look seven sizes bigger than you were.

There did used to be a parrot but it died, which they then replaced with a stuffed one for a while.

Roger and out was served in wine type glasses which were a third of a pint, it was like port and stout mixed.

Quite a few famous faces came to sample the ale, and I did uesd to get invited to a fair few gigs at city hall etc, but meanie old Roger wouldn't ever let me leave early to catch the acts.

The Parrot did not die Toni is fit and well