Toothache relief?

:help: :help: :help: Ok my OH has snapped half of his tooth off and he's in agony. He's had some co codamol and chucked some neat alcohol on it but it still hurts him. Anyone got any advice for him because he needs to get to sleep (he's got to get up at half 4 for work!!!) :(

I'd hazard a guess that he isn't going to sleep.....Mr Libuse had this a few months ago and the dog had more walks round the block than she's ever had in the wee small hours. He took so much brufen that NHS direct (when he phoned to find a dentist) were concerned he might need his stomach pumping and he injured his hand hitting it against the wall to make the pain "different". He is really really not a violent person but he was in an absolute tangle. I think you are in for a long night. Good luck!

as soon as chemist opens suggest he gets a bottle of anbesol , its an anasthetic for teeth

:help: :help: :help: Ok my OH has snapped half of his tooth off and he's in agony. He's had some co codamol and chucked some neat alcohol on it but it still hurts him. Anyone got any advice for him because he needs to get to sleep (he's got to get up at half 4 for work!!!) :(

Go to a large 24 superstore and get some clove oil, Sainsbury's at crystal peaks is open and they sell it.

Oh dear :(

You'll have to make sure he doesn't take more than the full doseage of painkillers - the temptation is there when you're in agony.

Cloves are supposed to help (I remember years ago putting some of those dried cloves in my mouth eugh) can't say they worked for me but when you're in pain you'll try anything!

Is he really going to be able to work if he's still in so much pain? He'd be better off waiting at the door to the dentists for when they open.

clove oil is the stuff you need, it really numbs it instantly, but tastes foul for ages:gag:

Yup, Oil of Cloves is what's needed - a tiny bottle from your Chemist.

Little bit on the end of your little finger, apply around the gum/tooth that's causing the grief. Try and keep your tongue out of the way - it's hot!

Not unpleasant as a previous poster has suggested, otherwise why would so many folk put the actual cloves in apple pies?

And for those who are scared of the dentist, and think that this is maybe an answer to their prayers, it isn't - it's for urgent and shot-term relief.

Used over a long period of time, it'll rot your tooth and eventually cause more damage than you had originally.

Oil of cloves is good for temporary relief but he will have to see the dentist soon - before the rot sets in.....

the gum from pine trees - get a lump and mould it over the tooth

Bite into one of Katy1981's cakes!

The taste will take the pain away from your tooth and into your taste buds! :thumbsup:

Well he's gone to work this morning dosed up with anadin! It's still uncomfortable for him, so thanks for the advice guys, I'm going to get him some of that oil of cloves. I've made him an appointment with the dentist who have slotted him in for Thursday afternoon, so he'll have to manage until then but hopefully the oil of cloves will take the edge of it for him. Thanks :thumbsup: