my piggies are pregnant due any day

Are the pelvic bones open? did the vet show you how to check? If not I'll tell you how

Best of luck with the impending births! I got my last two girl piggies and discovered one was expecting a week or so after we got them home from the pet shop, but all was fine, and she had 2 boys and a girl. We now have mum and the two boys left as the others are sadly no longer with us. I keep mine in custom-made hutches next door to each other with a 'window' of steel mesh between boys and girls. They are often to be found up close touching noses and chuntering to each other through the mesh! It has the added bonus that they can see who gets fed more and what is for dinner so they boys complain if they don't get fed first...

no, he didnt! im at work all day til 7 but can tell the other half what to do!

Ok. Where the tail should be, go under and you should feel the underside of the pelvis. When you can get 2 fingers next to each other between the bones its usually 24 hours, though one of my girlies was wide open for 4 days :rolleyes:

I wish I could keep them all but its just not practical, we have a 2 bed flat with not much yard space, so they live in the hallway, theyre kind of free range pigs! They seem to love having so much space, but it just wouldn't work keeping them all!

If you need help rehoming them I can help. I've rehomed laods of piggies, just ask the pets section regulars :hihi:

right, ok, will ring the other half and tell him when im on my lunch!

no babies yet! I wish they'd hurry up!

I'm suer they'll come when they are cooked! I'm waiting on a girl giving birth too :)

Hen nighter- can't PM you, for some reason it won't let me. But I'm in Woodseats, right on the main road in a v easy to find location, above a well known shop! Just brought daddy back from the vets, hes been chopped and is very sleepy bless him! STILL no babies!

Awww, He'll be fine in an hour or so, just make sure he starts eating soon