Rebels put on hold.

I feel we're singing off the same sheet!

So ideally we get the people in, lock the doors, crank up the records and play them some music? Whatever we think works?

My sentiments exactly. Would you be interested?

but rebels is closed!

But you might get more ideas from people interested in House music in your own thread, than in one baout a rock club, which they are less liekyl to venture into!

Rock city works in Nottingham Why can't Rebels be as successful?

Rock city works in Nottingham Why can't Rebels be as successful?

Because Rock City's equivalent in Sheffield is Corporation and, like Corp, has been running for years with no alternative for the rock crowd.

Rebels was a small-scale alternative but we had a lot of weaknesses, the main one, I feel, being the lack of any draught beer/lager/cider in the venue.

Because Rock City's equivalent in Sheffield is Corporation and, like Corp, has been running for years with no alternative for the rock crowd.

Rebels was a small-scale alternative but we had a lot of weaknesses, the main one, I feel, being the lack of any draught beer/lager/cider in the venue.

I think that it was started at the wrong time, with the university term ending. If it was started at the end of September you may have seen a different outcome. Especially considering that the majority of first year students will not have been out in Sheffield before, so the reputations of the established clubs may not have meant much.

Wow sorry I missed this thread WEXEILE, I think its a fantastic idea to put an event on there, you only need to speak to a handfull of people around town to know that bringing back a proper good party to that venue will be a storming idea. Ive never put on a night but if you want a hand doing anything, flyering, organising, whatever, give us a shout cos this could be wicked if it takes off. LONG LIVE THE FEZ!!!

I think that it was started at the wrong time, with the university term ending. If it was started at the end of September you may have seen a different outcome. Especially considering that the majority of first year students will not have been out in Sheffield before, so the reputations of the established clubs may not have meant much.

Rebels re-opened in early May - that's term time isn't it?

Sorry for being pedantic but I'm utterly cautious about catering for a population who aren't even around for several months of the year. Yes, they'd always be welcome but Rebels was always more about appealing to the classic rockers of Sheffield.

Wow sorry I missed this thread WEXEILE, I think its a fantastic idea to put an event on there, you only need to speak to a handfull of people around town to know that bringing back a proper good party to that venue will be a storming idea. Ive never put on a night but if you want a hand doing anything, flyering, organising, whatever, give us a shout cos this could be wicked if it takes off. LONG LIVE THE FEZ!!!

as has been requested before - can you please take this to your own thread about house music as this one is about Rebels! :rolleyes:

Can't we all just live together and be happy?

Rebels re-opened in early May - that's term time isn't it?

Sorry for being pedantic but I'm utterly cautious about catering for a population who aren't even around for several months of the year. Yes, they'd always be welcome but Rebels was always more about appealing to the classic rockers of Sheffield.

May time is usually exam time, and then the students go home untill September. The nightclubs are usually quieter for the summer period because of this, this has to factored into any business plan.

You shouldn't differentiate between students and the "clasic rockers of sheffield", a customer is a customer. As long as they behave they help make atmosphere in the club, and provide money to pay the bills.

Can't we all just live together and be happy?

Not even the metal fans could live together and be happy...remember metalhead anyone??:hihi: