Did u know - another Sheffield radio station

My opinion of Sheffield Live is: (vote after 3rd July)  

9 members have voted

1. 1. My opinion of Sheffield Live is: (vote after 3rd July)

• It's the only local station worth listening to
    • It's pretty cool
    • It's o.k.
    • Hmm... not sure
    • I'd rather listen to Bland FM

... that Sheffield is going to have another radio station on FM during July?

The wonderful community radio station Sheffield Live (which normally broadcasts on the 'net) will be broadcasting 7 days a week on 106.6 FM. It will feature fantastic and interesting music and chat, the likes of which you don't hear on Bland FM, and Radio Bland.

Many of the presenters are local club/bar DJs, and that includes yours truly! I play big, beautiful, blissed out chiilout music (and a smattering of Brazillian grooves) that you can kick your feet up and lounge to.

Hope to receive some requests from some of you SheffForumers!

Sheffield Live

http://www.sheffieldlive.org

106.6 FM (3rd July - 30th July)

E-Man Groovin (alias DJ Z-Man)

Originally posted by Foxxx

I can't tell you what I think of it as I've never heard it! :)

Someone has said its ok in the poll, how do they know this?? voting after 3rd July and all that!

haha - maybe they've got a time machine... If you have mate, what's the lottery numbers for next week please?!

Have a listen Foxx (with two Xs) after the 3rd (especially to MY show) and let us know what you think.

E-Man/Z-Man/Petey

Originally posted by RPG

if its a success will the station be getting a longer licence?

I dunno RPG, I'm just a DJ. The powers that be at the station would be able to tell us that. I do know that the station's goal is to get a permanent licence. I guess it's a matter of watching this space

Hey E-Man,

The It's OK vote was mine! Not that I know what the show is going to be like. More that I realised there had been no votes at the time and thought (in my on small minded way) that it'd be funny to make the vote poll look like someone giving the finger.

Oh well, small things please small minds!:P

Looking forward to the show though! Got 106.6FM stored on my phone now ready to listen during July!

The lottery numbers for next week will be...

... I can't tell you that, otherwise I wudn't win it to myself now would I?:lol:

Originally posted by waxy chuff

E-man, you guys still looking for some speech-based programming? Was meant to come speak to Nils last week but completely forgot!

I'm from the Northern Media School across the road - we did your news output during the last RSL.

Waxy - dunno... am not doing the scheduling... am just a humble DJ :? Suggest you speak to Nils or the lovely Monia.

Archived