Did u know - another Sheffield radio station

My opinion of Sheffield Live is: (vote after 3rd July)  

9 members have voted

1. 1. My opinion of Sheffield Live is: (vote after 3rd July)

• It's the only local station worth listening to
    • It's pretty cool
    • It's o.k.
    • Hmm... not sure
    • I'd rather listen to Bland FM

Erm, no.

Surely you've come across the chillout genre? It's downtempo music ranging from trip-hoppy (e.g. Moby/Portishead/Royksopp), thru classical-type stuff (William Orbit), through laid back Brazillian numbers (e.g. "A transa" from the City Of God soundtrack), through downtempo Jazz, through dubby tracks. Even the odd folky (Aimee Mann), and lazy rock/hip-hop (e.g. N.E.R.D's "Provider") tracks get in.

Blissed-out simply means that it's generally soaring soulful stuff that will give you a bit of a dreamy lift.

And if there were any "funky house" tracks that were slow and mellow and beautiful - I'd play them!

Don't get too hung up on labels. I think it was Louis Armstrong who said "there are two types of music, good and bad". Just open your mind & listen.

Thanks for the additional info E-Man. I have heard those styles you expanded on - and indeed listen to most of them - I've just never heard the collective term "Blissed-out chillout". I guess It's just one of those trendy, fad terms, which I rarely take any notice of.

Believe me when I say that my mind is very open to music - I'm just not a fan of the house genre.

Cheers.

Originally posted by waxy chuff

Black Gold of the Sun, by Masters at Work. Play that for me...

I'll be over to see Nils in a bit. Is he about?

Very nice choice :)

Also i think as it's a Sheffield radio station, some Nightmares on Wax is in order.

Archived