Ulley Dam discussion and latest news

Yeah, I was just going on what told to me by the lady who's husband works for the council. Chinese whispers I suspect. Sorry about that. Bloke probably didn't know. Wife probably exagerating.

Further disussion: The "Burst" may be the few small breaches already rumoured.

Given we've still got power, I suspect it's not burst.

its the banking thats giving way due to the stream at the side thats why they cannot open the flood gates

News 24 and Sky are both using old images but they do have reporters in sight of the scene so you could expect pretty instant reports of anything major.

I have nothing to update further from my (completly reliable) source so I'm treating the report in #54 with extreme caution.

Hey guys

Thought I'd give you a few best wishes from Barlby. As you may remember, we were submerged in 2000. We know what you're all going through.

Best of luck to you all.

Stay safe!

A collegue's husband works for the council.

Information just received:

The damn has burst, the pylons at threat have been knocked down.

I can't vouch for this, just reporting what I have just been told.

If this isn't the case, perhaps this post (#54) should be deleted or edited to prevent anyone else from panicing (like I just did)?

Geoff: I have just done so. Good point.

News 24 and Sky are both using old images but they do have reporters in sight of the scene so you could expect pretty instant reports of anything major.

I have nothing to update further from my (completly reliable) source so I'm treating the report in #54 with extreme caution.

News24 are streaming it with "LIVE" on it. Time to get them under trade's description act?

can someone pm what is going on with the dam?

my work filter has blocked the 3rd page due to a banned word..

News24 are streaming it with "LIVE" on it. Time to get them under trade's description act?

I've been back in house half an hour:loopy: and just seen myself on the live coverage

thats how live it is