Nightclub bouncers

There is no no smoking signs anywhere and a bouncer pushed and pulled me around everywhere and said he was going to smash my face in and throw me out if i didnt put it out,so obviously i did.Why cant they just be normal instead of a jumped up pricks.Anyone else had this problem there or anywhere?:rant:

I've never really had much of a problem with bouncers, but mates of mine have had similar problems at different clubs up & down the country. Just take it with a pinch of salt - he didn't actually assault you or throw you out, and if he threatened you with violence with no good cause then he's just another idiot to avoid. Treat him like you'd treat the p'd-up bloke in the corner who just wants to fight.

If they did smash your face in and they don't have the sign up then you would be in your full rights to take legal action against the club/owner and the bouncer.

So if they do have a no smoking sign up, it's ok for them to smash people's faces in? :hihi:

Have to say i have never had any problems with a bouncer when ever I have been to a club or bar that has them. Perhaps I am lucky or perhaps i just don't give the impression that I am there to start any trouble and so they don't see me as a threat.

I used to work as a nightclub manager some time ago now. In my opinion I have never personally been subjected to any abuse by any. I have witnessed it before to others (not in my club) Dont get me wrong, there is a minority that are braindead and all they know is to punch kick or whatever. Generally the place they work will determine the quality of a door person. From my experience if they are under the control of a quality Head Doorman (ie establishments willing to pay for quality) then the rest of the team are selected by this person and go under strict eye of that head doorman. I have been lucky enough to work with one of the best head doormen in Yorkshire and he and his team asved my skin numerous times.

Generally they are there for the public and the employees asftey. A quality doorman will see trouble before it appears and deal with it before you or me know about it. Trouble is easy to spot if you are used to it. Unfoertuantely with alcohol involed there is always trouble and it is down to how it is dealt with that defines the moment. Most doormen are people of great character and believe me they want as little trouble as possible.

a lot of the bouncers in Sheffield seem to have an attitude problem. I think Sheffield bouncers should take a lead from Newcastle bouncers. Recently went up there on a stag do, 13 lads, never had a single problem - didn't get turned away from 1 bar, no attitude and it made it a really good weekend.

you couldn't go out in sheffield as 13 lads as you'd get trouble from the bouncers at every bar.

Archived