Opened Mail in S8 Area

:hihi:LOL

He's probably been mining on shirecliffe tip to find today's mail. Would'nt mind but if that was some little old lady she'd probably be scared stiff at this time of night. I reckon no-one expects they're post at tea time but it seems it's the norm these days.

Willful delay....a joke.

What if the dog had been out? Strange bloke coming down the drive then wallop, if your dog is same as mine. My hound went for a cop last night, just cos he dare try opening our gate in the dark. He only wanted to ask questions about youths breaking in next door! She's old and does'nt see too well in the dark and will only let you in if she gets the okay from me.

No wonder posties get bitten, if they turn up at night.

People like you should be shot.

People like you should be shot.

No wendelspans......it's the person who's opening mail in the S8 area that should be shot, hung, drawn and quartered in my view.

We pay the postage for a service we expect to receive.

We do not expect strangers to be calling after dark and our dogs are only doing the job expected. My dog is not the pitbull nasty type, just a mutt and knows our normal postie, anyone else she's very wary until I give the okay thats all.

One question remains, where is all this missing post? Is there a blacl hole somewhere in sheffield only known by Royal Mail?

No wendelspans......it's the person who's opening mail in the S8 area that should be shot, hung, drawn and quartered in my view.

We pay the postage for a service we expect to receive.

We do not expect strangers to be calling after dark and our dogs are only doing the job expected. My dog is not the pitbull nasty type, just a mutt and knows our normal postie, anyone else she's very wary until I give the okay thats all.

One question remains, where is all this missing post? Is there a blacl hole somewhere in sheffield only known by Royal Mail?

No, definitely IDIOTS like you.

Intelligent

Dependable

Irresistable

Observant

Totally against Postal Theft

:suspect: or is it cos Izzz a WOMAN? Get back to the thread please. Post Going missing S8 as I recall. Not on and NOT fair as is the last comment.

Intelligent

Dependable

Irresistable

Observant

Totally against Postal Theft

:suspect: or is it cos Izzz a WOMAN? Get back to the thread please. Post Going missing S8 as I recall. Not on and NOT fair as is the last comment.

Have you not heard or read about the postman getting savaged recently ?

Then you make a crack about no wonder postmen get bitten.

My remark about an IDIOT stands :loopy:

Yes, know the poor bloke, have worked alongside him too and quite rightly the dog was shot. The key fact of the issue would be he was on his normal round at the time and a normal reasonable time ie: Daylight and the dog was unrestrained roaming free on the street and one of two very nasty illegal breed.

The postie stood no chance against the dogs and will probably never work again. Us normal responsible dog owners take time out to keep the dog in when the posties due or even better make sure the dog meets and makes friends with our regular expected callers. How can we keep the dog in if these poor blokes have to do someone elses round ontop of they're normal round jsut to keep the line manager happy.....at an unexpected late time.

My advice would be if your regular postie has'nt been before 2pm then it's probably on the overtime list for someone else to take out, so keep your dog in just incase it turns up at teatime. Royal Mail are under the obligation to get ALL mail delivered within the day and leaving it in is a real last resort.

The response of an Idiot? honestly grow up.

Please be aware the contents of mail in the s9 area, (Lower Handsworth, Darnall, Attercliffe,etc) is going walkabouts. Over the last couple of weeks we have had birthday money taken from cards that we have posted and cards we have received even small gifts from cards that have been posted in Australia. The letters have the usual evidence of the flaps peeled back. I used to work for Royal Mail and this sort of thing seems to happen when there is a large intake of agency employees.

Anyone else finding that their mail has been tampered with at all? We live in S8, specifically near the top of Meersbrook Park... We've had several letters over the last month containing credit cards that have been opened and some birthday cards too, nothing else though, just potentially money related letters.

I've complained to the Post Office several times, but they always try to fob me off with the excuse that their machines sometimes open mail?! Obviously their machines are very particular about which mail they open i.e. the ones that contain something to do with money.

Someone either at the sorting office, or the postman, is being a bit naughty and we no longer feel that we can have anything of any value delivered to our house - the Post Office don't appear to care less about it and just give me a reference number every time, gee, thanks...

Yeah i've found mail to look like its been opened, and cards not being put threw my letterbox telling me my goods have been taken to the depot when i was at work!

Thread necromancy alert!

Tell royal mail this is happening. They don't read this forum!

I had all my christmas presents that I ordered end of october from play.com and amazon.co.uk go missing. Wasn't best please - play.com and amazon.co.uk chased it up so I didn't have to.

HI, I live in S8 and have had trouble with my post being opened (always the offical ones too) Also recieving post (usually bank letters and invoices) for the house down the road.

From the thread, it seems there is a thief somewhere in the RM depots that cover S8.

Edited by BradwayBee