Portishead/All Tomorrow's Party @ Minehead, Dec 2007

BoroughGal

Portishead playing their first full set featuring new material for nearly 10 years in a 3 day event at Butlins, Minehead (woohoo!!!!) in Dec 2007.

Tickets are either £130 or £150 per person with accomodation in the price.

The artists confirmed to play so far:

Aphex Twin

Julian Cope

Black Mountain

Sparklehorse

Oneida

Seasick Steve

Earth

And from Portisheads Geoff Barrows Invada label:

Team Brick

Crippled Black Phoenix

Fuzz Against Junk.

See here for details.

I've got my tickets, anyone else fancying it??? :D

wouldnt mind going to that myself but alas no money:( , bit of a strange venue for that type of music

Hello, long time no see! Is that a new avatar??

Yeah, I thought it was a strange venue too, but I reckon it'd be fun.... apparately, Portishead even control what is played on the TV's in your room.... and strangely enough, I like the sound of that....!

I went to ATP last December to see Sonic Youth and The Stooges. It's a strange venue but it works somehow. I warn you that the smaller stages have very odd music on. I tried and tried and tried and all i found was weird atonal music being played on the saxaphone, or two men with basses making feedback. Because of that the main stage fills up very quickly so you have to get in early for the stuff you want to see.

I went to ATP last December to see Sonic Youth and The Stooges. It's a strange venue but it works somehow. I warn you that the smaller stages have very odd music on. I tried and tried and tried and all i found was weird atonal music being played on the saxaphone, or two men with basses making feedback. Because of that the main stage fills up very quickly so you have to get in early for the stuff you want to see.

Do you think that is the case for ALL ATP's though - surely all the acts are picked by the hosts? I'm hoping that even the small stages are going to be good??

• 6 months later...