How can I load a site made on Dreamweaver onto 123-reg.

eagle_eyes

Ive purchased a domain name, made a temp site using deamweaver, (havent payed for any of the extras with 123-reg).

How do i go about actually uploading it. I did kind of ask this in a thread before, but that wasnt exactly this question so please do help.

Should just be able to FTP up the site to 123 reg I would think

No if i want to use FTP i have to buy extensions etc, but ive been told by there customer service alot of there customers dreamweaver and its free to upload. However i then replied how can i upload once its created with dreamweaver have yet to reply waited 6 days and counting

In your control panel on 123 reg there should be a site management link of some sort in here you will find upload boxes. You should be able to do it that way. Other than that Im not sure. Never used that host so don't know how it works.

No if i want to use FTP i have to buy extensions etc, but ive been told by there customer service alot of there customers dreamweaver and its free to upload. However i then replied how can i upload once its created with dreamweaver have yet to reply waited 6 days and counting

In my experience with dreamweaver, ( not extensive) it either connects to the webserver using FTP or WEBDAV. Dreamweaver will typically require a hostname, login name and password and default directory in order to synchronise files between your computer and the webserver.

I think that you have to pay for additional FTP logins, but as a matter of course you will have a default 'master' ftp login. It's usually the same as your accountname and password for your control panel, but if you go to your 1&1 control panel, you should be able to find the credentials there. It's not the most clearly laid out site, I grant you.

A couple of my customers use 1&1, and have basic accounts so I could have a look for you after the weekend.

I thought extensions were only needed for sites made in Frontpage Express :confused:

I uploaded my Dreamweaver made site (without the need to purchase extensions) using Core FTP Lite

http://www.coreftp.com/

Spot on :D You can FTP the site within Dreamweaver or get an FTP program. If you do in Frontpage they charge you for installing the extensions.

Archived