Post going missing all the time...

Anyone else had their post going missing lately? I've had a lot of things go missing in the last few months. I reported them missing but all you get is a book of stamps - great:mad: It's not like its all really valuable or urgent mail that needs to go special delivery before anyone says I should have done that. Its just a complete pain having to sort out things that should have arrived in post.

i had some really important documents sent to an address in a dodgy area of sheffield by the job center plus recently that contained all my personal details and my bank details as well as my partners !!!!! ANYONE THINKING OF CLAIMING INCAPACITY BENEFIT SHOULD PM ME ! Royal mail ????? just because they are called royal doesnt make them infallable...:mad:

Yes, some of the items I have sold on eBay have gone astray, which has only ever happened once when posting to France, a card to my in-laws, and some things I ordered from VistaPrint have never appeared.

WHAT is going on??? I think 'they' are doing it on purpose so that we have to send things recorded and get a little man to appear at your door and make you scribble. And get more money out of us all :rant:

Yes, some of the items I have sold on eBay have gone astray, which has only ever happened once when posting to France, a card to my in-laws, and some things I ordered from VistaPrint have never appeared.

WHAT is going on??? I think 'they' are doing it on purpose so that we have to send things recorded and get a little man to appear at your door and make you scribble. And get more money out of us all :rant:

You must not use Recorded Delivery for anything valuable. It travels with the rest of the mail and is simply signed for when it arrives at the address - the delivery is recorded. I do know what I am talking about as I retired from Royal Mail last Christmas after 43 years.

You must not use Recorded Delivery for anything valuable. It travels with the rest of the mail and is simply signed for when it arrives at the address - the delivery is recorded. I do know what I am talking about as I retired from Royal Mail last Christmas after 43 years.

Special Delivery is fine for sending anything really urgent/valuable. It's non-valuable and non urgent stuff I've had go missing. It's just an inconvinience really but it's happening so much lately!

Thank you for that nigel; it's useful to know.

I refuse to use Recorded or the other service they offer as it will cost them more to refund me for the lost items than revenue they would gain from me. Post with return address labels on the reverse should not go missing. End of.

i live on bramley lane and we keep getting post for somebody on bramwell lane, whcih i've never been able to find on an a to z map, so i have to keep puttig it back in the post box with a wrong address notice written on it.

I've had post go "missing" as well. Both stuff that's coming to me and stuff I've posted out. If someone is nicking our post then it's a scummy thing to do. :rant: They know there's no way we could find out who it is. It infuriates me.

I appreciate that some post genuinely gets lost but when I'm posting a birthday card to a friend in a bright coloured envelope I can't help thinking someone is opening it to see if there's a voucher or something inside that they can help themselves too... I post all birthday cards in plain brown envelopes now.

I've had post go "missing" as well. Both stuff that's coming to me and stuff I've posted out. If someone is nicking our post then it's a scummy thing to do. :rant: They know there's no way we could find out who it is. It infuriates me.

I appreciate that some post genuinely gets lost but when I'm posting a birthday card to a friend in a bright coloured envelope I can't help thinking someone is opening it to see if there's a voucher or something inside that they can help themselves too... I post all birthday cards in plain brown envelopes now.

Yeah, it's probably a good idea to disguise cards in a brown envelope. HSBC have started sending out bank cards in disguised envelopes now. It's so crap that we have to resort to this nowadays.

The post card my mum sent me last wednesday still hasn't turned up, she only sent it from north yorkshire.

i had some really important documents sent to an address in a dodgy area of sheffield by the job center plus recently that contained all my personal details and my bank details as well as my partners !!!!! ANYONE THINKING OF CLAIMING INCAPACITY BENEFIT SHOULD PM ME ! Royal mail ????? just because they are called royal doesnt make them infallable...:mad:

I see the job centres are still run by a bunch of halfwits then? :rolleyes:

Nothing's changed in 10 years! :rant::loopy:

Yeah, it's probably a good idea to disguise cards in a brown envelope. HSBC have started sending out bank cards in disguised envelopes now. It's so crap that we have to resort to this nowadays.

Absolutely, I completely resent having to resort to disguising birthday cards in the post. I don't even post anything of value in them anymore, I just want the card to get to the recipient but it seems like that's too much to expect at times!