What's your opinion of Bouncers?  

146 members have voted

1. 1. What's your opinion of Bouncers?

• They do a good job under harsh conditions
    • They don't do enough
    • They are power-mad
    • Hmm, i don't really have an opinion

Originally posted by carcrash

Is that a belly dancing job you are after?

Have you done the training and have you got the sia stuff?

I can do either ;) But I was referring to door jobs..

and yes.. A shiny badge arrived yesterday so may as well use it...

So no one has any info then :suspect:

Hmmmmmm....

job centre will give you list of most agencies for in sheffield.

i get my badge in september, work in retail security at the mo

Originally posted by timprice

job centre will give you list of most agencies for in sheffield.

i get my badge in september, work in retail security at the mo

If they said 6 weeks don't believe em', I got mine back in 3 (and got the form right first time round!)

A couple of years back (before these new laws were introduced) a bunch of us were all leaving Flares (yes, I know, we shouldn't have been in there in the first place!). Anyway, one of my mates broke a doorhandle on the way out due to some drunk heavy-handed door opening.

One of the bouncers saw this as an excuse to hold the lad with his arms behind his back, while the other bouncer administered several punches to his face, before dropping him to the floor, bleeding from his head. A police car arrived just before the ambulance (as they usually do), but the cops just didn't want to know what had happened, they were back in their car once the ambulance arrived.

Anyway, he never heard from the Flares management after written complaints had been made either.

So far, all I've been able to discover are that the new laws only mean that club/bar managers must hire licensed door staff. Getting a license involves paying £190, and undergoing a criminal record check. 'Front-line' staff must also be trained. Part of the training includes "How to eject in ways to minimise conflict". Good job he paid attention then...

Wasn't there another thread about this a while back?

Can I ask which bouncer it was?

Was it the one who looks like the undertaker wearing a Bandana?

A lass got kicked out on the 20th june for ******* on the steps the next day she was let in as she knew the head doorman there.

i think its wrong

Door men or also only allowed to use resonable force

i.e ask you to leave the establishment, if you then start getting aggressive they can then force you out of the club. works in all security issues

hope you understand that

Originally posted by timprice

A lass got kicked out on the 20th june for ******* on the steps the next day she was let in as she knew the head doorman there.

i think its wrong

What, being let back in?

Or '******* on the steps'????

Urrgh.

Guest rosie

I have read the mixed replies on here, and I must say that I dont agree with a lot.

My son worked doors last year until he got a bottle in his face for trying to stop a bloke from ******* at the women stood outside.

He has decided to go back on the doors now and yes I worry because he sees those that drink and act stupid but think they are in control start trouble, then deny it and blame it on the door staff.

Dont forget these doormen arn`t all idiots and do try to protect you lot who want to go out and enjoy a night out.

Originally posted by NatalieSheff

i miss the good old door men from republic from 99-01 those were the days

Haha yeh the good old days with those door staff who got themselves busted for being just toooo corrupt and bent... :rolleyes:

being a reflective records fan, i went to the last reflective night @ Aqua (pond's forge). the doormen were very arrogant, i were stood in the que waitin to get in when Miss-T & D-no arrived with record boxes in tow, and to my horror i saw the doorman stop them from going in, i heard miss-T say that they were on the dj line up and the doorman's reply was......

i dont care who you are or wot ur doing just WAIT THERE.!!!

i was simply horrified, i felt like sayin 'yer but they r the dj's u dick' but i didnt for obvious reasons of not gettin my ed kicked in.lol

c'mon is there really any need at all for this kind of ignorance & arrogance?? i dont think so!!!

I'd like to reply to Brewnog's comments. Having worked at Flares at that time I'd like to ''stick up'' for the doorstaff there. I happen to know that a. there are no door handles in Flares esp on the way out and b. the management there took any complaint about doorstaff very seriously and investigated them all. I know of occasions when they were fired for simply being 'rude' to customers.

Also police take them seriously and if you'd been punched several times in the face there would have been marks and they would have at least viewed the cctv footage.

p.s who is the doorman that looks like the undertaker? LOL