Doormen in Sheffield - the Good, the Bad and the Unlicensed

What's your opinion of Bouncers?  

146 members have voted

1. 1. What's your opinion of Bouncers?

• They do a good job under harsh conditions
    • They don't do enough
    • They are power-mad
    • Hmm, i don't really have an opinion

LOL, you sound really powerful. Get a proper job. The police put up with everything you do & more, but on the whole dont act like gorrillas on crack. :loopy:

This is cause they have training and education and some kind of personality test. Bouncers just have to look hard.

What a stupid comment! I started working as a doorman to help subsidise my student loan whilst studying for my degree. I actually plan on becoming a policeman, but the application process can take upto 2 years, so working on the doors is an ideal job to do in the meantime. I know of dozens of doormen who are students, and at least 5 others who are also wishing to become policemen.

Sorry but you sound like a prick!

Message for Inosanto. If you contact your local jobcentre, they may be able to help you with SIA training.

Morning everyone,

Has anyone had any trouble with these 'meatheads' recently? I was in there last night, with some friends, celebrating my future brother-in-law's stag do and he experienced the wrath of their head bouncer.

Basically he'd just asked to put his coat in the cloakroom, and as it was quite loud didn't quite hear what the bouncer was saying. He asked three times and was then physically thrown out by his hair!!!!! When I confronted the bouncer and asked him what the f**k was going on he just replied....

' I told him three times. On the 3rd time he's out - them's my rules!!!'

What a worthless piece of uneducated filth.....I'm actually starting to get annoyed talking about it - particularly as it was totally unprovoked

i hate bouncers! they r bad mannered arrogant pigs imo. i was out in doncaster once and at the end of the night was finishing my bottle and the bouncer came and snatched it while i was having a drink. the drink went all up my nose and on my clothes, out of anger i threw the rest of the drink at the bouncer resulting with me getting thrown out! lucky it was the end of the night tho so i wasnt really bothered:hihi:

i hate bouncers! they r bad mannered arrogant pigs imo. i was out in doncaster once and at the end of the night was finishing my bottle and the bouncer came and snatched it while i was having a drink. the drink went all up my nose and on my clothes, out of anger i threw the rest of the drink at the bouncer resulting with me getting thrown out! lucky it was the end of the night tho so i wasnt really bothered:hihi:

Oh dear, what u like u eh? :P

I was out with people from work a few months back and i was in Flares when my boss opened the fire exit and ran outside to take a phone call so me and my mate went to the fire exit to see where he had gone and this bouncer came charging up literally grabbed old of our arms and chucked us out, with out drinks still in our hand :rant:

We did thing it was amusing though :hihi: xx

Quite a while back, my friend wanted to celebrate her birthday there, and the bouncers refused entry on the grounds that some of our party were too scruffy!!! Dress restrictions to enter a club playing rock & punk music :confused: ?? It ruined her night and she was so annoyed she wrote to the Casbah about it. They offered an apology and free entry next time, which she never bothered with. I'm not surprised your bro-in-law couldn't hear what the bouncer was saying, as it really is stupidly loud in there. Some bouncers do appear to be on pathetic little power trips - eg the disgraceful recent case of one in London that refused entry to a man in a wheelchair, called him a cripple, and told him to come back when he'd grown legs :o .

Morning everyone,

Has anyone had any trouble with these 'meatheads' recently? I was in there last night, with some friends, celebrating my future brother-in-law's stag do and he experienced the wrath of their head bouncer.

Basically he'd just asked to put his coat in the cloakroom, and as it was quite loud didn't quite hear what the bouncer was saying. He asked three times and was then physically thrown out by his hair!!!!! When I confronted the bouncer and asked him what the f**k was going on he just replied....

' I told him three times. On the 3rd time he's out - them's my rules!!!'

What a worthless piece of uneducated filth.....I'm actually starting to get annoyed talking about it - particularly as it was totally unprovoked

see about getting his licence revoked........or wait outside for him

i would definately write to the place and make a complaint.It really winds me up the way some bouncers appear to be beyond the law.I wonder how many times this idiot has assaulted other people and got away with it? Reminds me why i never go drinking in town anymore :rant:

I was actually thinking of waiting outside for him as I think that's the only way bouncers will ever really get any justice ( provided I was with a few other lads !!!!!! ). Unfortunately the law's weighted quite heavily in their favour - think I might call the police and tell them I saw him selling coke....

If you happen to go in there, he's the tall bald guy...

If you happen to go in there, he's the tall bald guy...

Not sure that narrows it down too much when talking about bouncers :smile: ...

I am a doorman myself, the advice is behave and no one will ask you to leave or attack you. Fighting back will prevent you from going to every venue in town, keep that in mind

What the majotity of people think is that a doorperson has the easiest job in the world, all they do is look for ass and muck around. Well unfortunately the majority only see the front, they don't see what happens behind the scenes. A doorperson has to be willing to stand between two or more people and stop them from fighting, they have to put up with the drunken and verbal abuse they receive and on accasion they have to deal with people turning up on they're doorstep wanting to fight because the night before they were chucked out of a venue. I'm 22 and have done the door for only three years but in those 3 years I have seen someone shot at, had someone try and stab me, and have had more than my fair share of death threats. You might think its an easy job but remember we are the people that keep you save in a pub/club. I'll admit alot of door supervisors are a bit power crazy and think they're god, geeze I have done it, normally because I've had a stressful week and I'm not in the mood for other peoples crap. Door supervisors are some of the least respected people going and alot aren't the stereo typical meat head you normally class them as. I do this job to pay me through Uni, I'm doing a degree in architectural technology. I've worked with GP's on the door in the past (your doctor ever had a black eye? maybe it's him). Some people are just trying to provide for their family. If you don't like doormen try doing the job yourself and then see how you feel!