The Stop Smoking Megathread [ including Champix]

First day on the blue pills (sickness was worse this morning despite dumping the tablet on a belly full of porridge but has subsided a bit now) Starting to get funny dreams too.

I've just discovered Pfizer's support site for Champix. I reckon with the help of the stop smoking group at work, the pills and them, I must surely do it this time (sickness and funny dreams willing)!

Hey Everyone, a huge well done to all you quitters wish I was one of the people that have gone a year of no smoking! I have read this forum many times but never posted so this time I'm going to :)

I started on Champix last August and only done half the packet as felt confident that was my urge gone.. this lasted until Xmas then I decided ach one will be ok... no it won't I started again :mad: I was doing so well, kicking myself now! I've smoked for 18 years now!

Anyway i started the last half of my packet 3 weeks ago and now stopped smoking 5 days feeling great already, being going to gym and skin is already starting to glow again like it did last time I quit!

My personal reason for quitting apart from obvious health benefits, I am determined as my Dad has emphysema has so for many years I now live in Oz and when I call him i have to text him first to pre warn him so he can get himself near the phone otherwise he's gasping for breath... i can hear it getting worse! He has had oxygen for a couple of years in the house but now he needs to get portable oxygen and has just got a mobility scooter, he would love to come back to Oz for a visit but can't as he wouldn't never make the flight. It breaks my heart to see my dad like this my Uncle who is older than my dad & never smoked still has great quality of live going on golfing w/e which my dad used to do!

Sorry ok I'm going on anyway this time i am so determined and will definately use this forum more for support. Good luck everyone

I've still not had a smoke, ten days now but still feel like one occasionally. I actually don't feel any better and don't expect to because when I stopped before for five years I can honestly say that I didn't feel any different ! My food tasted the same, never had a problem with it anyway, I looked the same and STILL couldn't run :hihi:

I've still not had a smoke, ten days now but still feel like one occasionally. I actually don't feel any better and don't expect to because when I stopped before for five years I can honestly say that I didn't feel any different ! My food tasted the same, never had a problem with it anyway, I looked the same and STILL couldn't run :hihi:

lol that's very encouraging aye??

Hey Everyone, a huge well done to all you quitters wish I was one of the people that have gone a year of no smoking! I have read this forum many times but never posted so this time I'm going to :)

I started on Champix last August and only done half the packet as felt confident that was my urge gone.. this lasted until Xmas then I decided ach one will be ok... no it won't I started again :mad: I was doing so well, kicking myself now! I've smoked for 18 years now!

Anyway i started the last half of my packet 3 weeks ago and now stopped smoking 5 days feeling great already, being going to gym and skin is already starting to glow again like it did last time I quit!

My personal reason for quitting apart from obvious health benefits, I am determined as my Dad has emphysema has so for many years I now live in Oz and when I call him i have to text him first to pre warn him so he can get himself near the phone otherwise he's gasping for breath... i can hear it getting worse! He has had oxygen for a couple of years in the house but now he needs to get portable oxygen and has just got a mobility scooter, he would love to come back to Oz for a visit but can't as he wouldn't never make the flight. It breaks my heart to see my dad like this my Uncle who is older than my dad & never smoked still has great quality of live going on golfing w/e which my dad used to do!

Sorry ok I'm going on anyway this time i am so determined and will definately use this forum more for support. Good luck everyone

Welcome Kaza

Keep up with the determination and good luck with your quitting.

You CAN do it!

x

lol that's very encouraging aye??

:hihi:Not very encouraging but I felt better knowing that I didn't smoke if you now what I mean :hihi:

I feel that I shoud stop now because my kids keep telling me to and I know it's not doing me any good......and loads of reasons really :hihi:

Hey all, good to see you are all doing so well. Kaza, I also stopped with Champix last year for 8 months but stupidly started again too. When I stopped I always thought that I missed smoking and felt like I wished I hadn't given up. But Sooz79 I can tell you that you will feel so different, I have been smoking again for 6 months now and have noticed how unfit I feel, I have my smokers cough back again, really bad in the mornings and I can hear myself wheeze when I'm in bed. I also notice how much I stink which I never noticed when I smoked before. And I also notice that smoking a cigarette does absolutely nothing for me - as Alan Carr says it only makes you feel "normal", the way non-smokers feel all the time. I am starting my pills again on Monday and am determined to stop and never start again, so I'll be with you all. When I stopped the greatest feeling was being free - not having to go out in the rain for a smoke and not be gasping for one when you are in a pub or airport, it is a great feeling not to be controlled by a little white stick and you look and feel so much better, not to mention having £5 a day extra in your purse!

Edited by Gemini65

Hope you manage to stop again Gemini, I too started again after five years of not smoking and I often think how stupid it was but hope this time I will stop for good. I did'nt actually miss it when I stopped before and never thought about it, God knows why I started again, I think I was just showing off one night that I could smoke proper :hihi:and carried on smoking proper for another twelve years :gag: