The Stop Smoking Megathread [ including Champix]

i am still smoke free, since monday tea time, i am only really finding it hard when i am stressed. I havent been any more irritable than normal but i suffered with extreme nausea, was never sick but boy did i feel it! I HAVE to take my tablets on a full stomach.

Me too, now 3 days smoke-free! Apparently after 72 hours, you're no longer a nicotine addict, since all traces of nicotine have been expelled from your body. Cravings are replaced by "urges", the by-product of years of ingrained habit.

These cravings/urges were intolerable with my previous quit attempts, but with Champix they're... well, tolerable! I'm going about my daily routine as normal, chatting on the phone WITHOUT A FAG, and the occasional desire for a ciggie soon passes. I'm getting better at arming myself against these moments - I've got a bloody great mental bazooka which zaps 'em unconscious (not quite dead, the blighters will keep getting up again) but a few more zaps should finish them off.

I'm having the weirdest dreams - anyone else experiencing this?

Me.

Im having wierd dreams too.

My dreams have always been pretty odd, but since I started with the Champix theyve gotten far wierder.

The latest one, last night involved me growing a 10 inch long little fingernail so I could creep up on people and claw their sinuses out of their nostrils. The sinuses were blue, they kind of blue you see on those elastoplasts that food workers are supposed to use.

The odd thing is, Im actually looking forward to the next dream, although its slightly worrying when you realise the sick things your mind can come up with.

Me.

Im having wierd dreams too.

My dreams have always been pretty odd, but since I started with the Champix theyve gotten far wierder.

The latest one, last night involved me growing a 10 inch long little fingernail so I could creep up on people and claw their sinuses out of their nostrils. The sinuses were blue, they kind of blue you see on those elastoplasts that food workers are supposed to use.

The odd thing is, Im actually looking forward to the next dream, although its slightly worrying when you realise the sick things your mind can come up with.

Nicotine replacement patches also cause weird and wonderful dreams. Zombies always frequent my dreams when with drawing from nicotine, the finger nails sounds familiar. *wonders if it was jabbers all along*

Zombies always frequent my dreams

hmpf... we hear you screaming in the night when your obviously being chased by bubba the zombie :|

hmpf... we hear you screaming in the night when your obviously being chased by bubbers the zombie :|

That would be bubba :D

That would be bubba :D

erm.. er.. hmm.. you.. quoted it wrong hahaaaaaa

hello:wave:

I started on champix last monday after reading this thread

no side effects yet, just weird dreams nothing scary (Thank god)

thinking I might stop on day 9 which will be wednesday

the pill is now on perscription

good luck to everyone giving up at this time

thanks for this thread jabberwocky, giving us updates ect has helped and I did`nt hesitate going to the docs

I`ve tried loads of times and failed, I have smoked for 30 years and tried everything, now I believe this WILL BE IT :)

Nice one! Keep us updated will you please? The more experiences we have with these pills the better it is for others to realise what theyre getting into.

Im not adding anything more as far as experiences because theres no change now, just the occasional wierd dream and very rare craving.

If something changes Ill inform you all, but so far.... nothing...

I see the next thing Ill really need to mention is the past pill I take and that is ...should be in about 6 weeks time, unless the doc decides to put me on another three month curse--they do that if they have a suspicion that the first course isnt working 100% effectively or if you tell them you dont have confidence in them the first time around.

Anyway, good luck, try not to think about cigs or smoking and lets see how you get on!

still not had a fag, still feeling a bit of nausea if i take my pill and i am not full of food. The only thing i am missing is the feeling of smoking, the smoke in my mouth, the inhaling......

been to my doctors today, and believe it or not, my doctor wont get them to me, gave my a inhaler instead, bbbbaaahhhh humbug