The Islam & Muslims discussion megathread

Guest Pauly

Does the government bend over backwards for the Muslim community?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Does the government bend over backwards for the Muslim community?

• Yes, please state why
    • No, people who say this are just thick & ignorant

Are you saying it doesn't happen, PT?

I'm saying if a man has the mindset of being a wifebeater, he's going to be a wifebeater whatever his religion.

I'm saying it's wrong to protray all followers of a religion as wifebeaters.

I am saying not all men are wifebeaters, not all muslim men are wifebeaters.

I think you need to look at what the actual practical differences would be been English Law and sharia law. When you look at what the differences are with regard to two key areas, divorce and inheritance the clear difference is that women get a worse deal under sharia law than men. As someone has pointed out custody tends to go the man under sharia law once the children are at a certain point of infancy. The financial settlement is less generous than under English Law. In inheritance matters under sharia daughters inherit half of what sons inherit and relatives who have left the islamic faith are not entitled to any inheritance at all.

Now given that muslim communities tend to be comparitively male dominated and given the stigma attached to actively choosing the "infidelic" legal system if even the old arch-bish is saying the sharia system is just great there is likely to be considerable pressure on muslim females to "volunteer" to get the naff end of the stick.

I think if sharia was to be recognised in familly matters it should be accompanied by stiff criminal penalties for anyone placing pressure on another party to forgoe their English Law rights in favour of this or any other alien legal system.

If an atheist revolution happens then it's the end of society and we're all f*cked.

We are anyway......not I, of course, but my children and their children are! :mad:

Hail Capitalism....the new God.....hail the "New World Order"! You should be welcoming in this "Brave New World" for your future families....the beneficiaries of the foundations of subservience and "Cap Doffing" you greet our great Masters with! :|